|By Business Wire||
|November 12, 2012 04:15 PM EST||
CSC (NYSE: CSC) announced today that G.I. Jobs magazine recognized the company as one of America’s “Top 100 Military Friendly Employers” for the fourth year in a row.
CSC has been actively hiring former military personnel for more than five years and currently employs approximately 8,000 U.S. military veterans. CSC veterans possess a unique set of skills and attributes including leadership experience, a disciplined work approach and institutional knowledge of CSC’s federal government clients.
CSC’s widely recognized Military Recruitment Program provides transitional support to active and former military personnel and wounded warriors seeking new careers. In addition, CSC’s military spouse program, initiated in 2003, provides one-on-one assistance and career portability for military spouses. CSC has also implemented programs that promote a military-friendly workplace that seeks to support active service members and help veterans and their families find new careers.
The ninth annual G.I. Jobs list, which will be published in the magazine’s December 2012 issue, honors the companies that are doing the most to recruit America’s veterans. The top 100 businesses selected for the “Military Friendly Employers” designation represent the most prominent two percent of all corporate recruiting programs aimed at military veterans.
“The unique skills, diversity and leadership that military veterans provide to the company are invaluable, and CSC continues to grow stronger thanks to their integrity and perseverance,” said Dave Zolet, executive vice president and general manager of CSC’s North America Public Sector. “We are proud to be recognized for our strong commitment to establishing a military-friendly environment where recruiting and hiring military veterans and their spouses is a priority.”
For more information on CSC’s military programs, visit www.csc.com/salutes.
About G.I. Jobs
G.I. Jobs (http://www.gijobs.com) is published by Victory Media, a veteran-owned business headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa. The company also publishes Military Spouse and Vetrepreneur magazines. Follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/GI Jobs Magazine or Twitter @GIJobsMagazine.
CSC is a global leader in providing technology-enabled business solutions and services. Headquartered in Falls Church, Va., CSC has approximately 95,000 employees and reported revenue of $15.7 billion for the 12 months ended September 28, 2012. For more information, visit the company's website at www.csc.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London