|By Business Wire||
|November 12, 2012 12:51 PM EST||
Qumu, www.qumu.com, the leading business video platform provider and a Rimage company (NASDAQ: RIMG), today announced its latest product offering, the Qumu Hybrid Cloud Video Communications Solution, a Cloud-based instance of the Qumu Video Control Center, combined with Qumu VideoNet Edge devices to enable quality streaming to audiences inside and outside corporate firewalls from the Cloud. The solution includes support for mobile devices including Windows Phones, iPhones, iPads, and Android phones and tablets.
The Qumu solution enables businesses to manage, organize and securely distribute live and on-demand video with the ease and flexibility of a Cloud based offering. Highlights of the Qumu Hybrid Cloud solution include:
- Deployment of the application in the Cloud so no corporate infrastructure investment is required
- The ability to securely traverse firewalls to acquire and distribute video and related content inside secure networks
- Federation of public CDNs and VideoNet Edge devices on private networks into a virtual content distribution network that spans the Internet and the corporate Intranet
- Broad support for mobile devices for live video, employee generated content, and other uses
- Social video capabilities including interactive polling, rating and commenting
- Dynamic content routing based on device and bandwidth that provides viewers with a single link regardless of their device or network speed
- Complete content management and approval workflows for video and related assets
- User generated content upload
- Live streaming of video to internal and external audiences
- SAML support that provides user authentication inside and outside the firewall
“We started using the Qumu cloud-based Video Control Center combined solution at a time when our company was growing to include employees in multiple countries and time zones, and it was getting increasingly difficult to share information,” said Mike Dupuis, Marketing Communications Manager for OSIsoft. “We needed a way to bridge the gap, and Qumu provided a great solution for overall management and sharing of our video assets as well as live video communications.”
“Understanding the operational, technical and economic considerations for the use of Cloud based, or partially Cloud based, video communications services is becoming a priority in the executive suite,” said Ray Hood, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Qumu. “Since our solution is available as a Cloud-based service, as well as enterprise software or appliances, we offer a lot of flexibility as customers optimize their investments in IT personnel and resources.”
The Hybrid Cloud Use Case
Some organizations lack the network infrastructure to handle video content and are not planning to invest in it, so they need a reliable and cost effective solution in the Cloud. Using the Cloud and Internet CDNs to securely manage and move rich content can, in many cases, remove the need for a heavy investment in private network infrastructure, and quickly enable the use of live and on-demand video communications within the organization. Qumu’s unique capability is combining public (Internet) and private (Intranet) assets into a seamless video platform, creating a solution that leverages the advantages of each – the “Hybrid Cloud.”
Some companies may already have extensive infrastructure in place behind the firewall, and want to leverage it for video communications. As experienced users know, video naturally creates large spikes in usage when users are connecting to a live streaming event, or when there is heavy traffic for a popular video on-demand program. The challenge is that the video traffic will go through the network firewall with a separate stream for every viewer – adversely affecting the Internet inbound connection, and likely even the entire Intranet. A Qumu Hybrid Cloud deployment alleviates these problems by placing proxy-caches at the network edges capable of splitting a single inbound stream into many streams directed to end-user devices.
Qumu, Inc., a Rimage company based in San Bruno, California, is the leading business video platform provider, empowering organizations to better engage and inspire employees, improve productivity and reduce costs. Video is pervasive – it appears in all business applications and is consumed on all devices. The largest Global 1000 companies depend on Qumu’s video platform to capture, manage and distribute live and on-demand content with total reliability and security. Regardless of audience size, viewer device, or network configuration, Qumu simply makes video work. Only Qumu delivers the Freedom to work with existing infrastructure; the Power to reach everyone; and the Control to do it right. Additional information can be found at www.qumu.com
About Rimage Corporation
Founded in 1978, Rimage Corporation (NASDAQ: RIMG) helps businesses deliver digital content directly and securely to their customers, employees, and partners. Rimage’s Qumu business is a leader in the rapidly growing enterprise video communications market. Rimage’s Signal online publishing platform automatically pushes secure mobile content to nearly any mobile device or computer. Qumu and Signal, in combination with Rimage’s world-class CD, DVD and Blu-ray-Disc™ publishing solutions, enable businesses to securely deliver their videos, documents, audio files and images in today’s multi-platform, multi-device world. Rimage supplies thousands of customers in North America, Europe and Asia with industry-leading solutions that increase engagement, collaboration and control. Additional information can be found at www.rimage.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher