|By Marketwired .||
|November 12, 2012 12:46 PM EST||
SANTA MONICA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/12/12 --
"Every album is a point in Rush's history," Geddy Lee said in 1978. "And if it's not getting better, something's wrong. Every album has to be the perfect Rush album."
"The first record," Alex Lifeson says about 2112, "where we sounded like Rush."
"2112 is, more than anything, a record about being Rush: loving music, moving it forward and taking it to the world, whatever the price. And it is perfect." - David Fricke
In time for 21/12 celebrations, on December 18, 2012, Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) will release the DELUXE EDITIONS of Rush's 1976 platinum-selling, landmark album 2112 in three different configurations: 2112: DELUXE EDITION (CD/DVD and CD/Blu-Ray) and a special SUPER DELUXE EDITION (CD/Blu-Ray/Hardbound book case).
The deluxe editions contain a CD/DVD or CD/Blu-Ray material including the remastered 2112 CD with 3 live bonus tracks and a DVD or Blu-ray disc with a 5.1 surround sound audio mix and an interactive digital comic book, a new album cover by original album designer Hugh Syme, liner notes and unpublished photos. The super deluxe contains the CD/Blu-Ray and is meticulously assembled in a hardbound bookcase packed with a 40-page comic book representing every song on 2112.
Originally released in 1976, Rush's epic, landmark release 2112 was their creative and commercial breakthrough as well as one of the band's most highly regarded releases among both fans and critics alike. With lyrics written by Neil Peart, and influenced by author Ayn Rand, 2112 kicks off with the ambitious seven-suite title track (side one), set in a futuristic world run by the "Priests of the Temples of Syrinx" who regulate "every single facet of every life," which includes books, music, work and play. "2112" conveys the story of humanity's instinctual, inner need for one's free will.
After the mythological journey through "2112," side two brings you back to the present and continues with five stand-alone tracks. From hard-rocking tracks such as "A Passage to Bangkok," "Lessons," and a trip into the fourth dimension with "The Twilight Zone," to the album's soaring conclusion, "Something For Nothing," 2112 is the album that ushered in the next stage in their continuing evolution as artists.
2112: DELUXE EDITIONS (DVD Version and Blu-Ray Version):
2 DISC: CD + DVD AUDIO/VIDEO
2 DISC: CD + BLU-RAY
Expanded artwork, liner notes, lyrics and unreleased photos by original album designer Hugh Syme. Brand new liner notes by David Fricke, Rolling Stone.
CD - Digitally remastered plus 3 unreleased bonus live tracks:
- Overture (Northland Coliseum, Edmonton, AB - June 25, 1981)
- The Temples of Syrinx (Northland Coliseum, Edmonton, AB - June 25, 1981)
- A Passage To Bangkok (Manchester Apollo, Manchester, England - June 17, 1980)
DVD AUDIO/VIDEO AND BLU-RAY CONTAIN:
- Digital Comic Book - experience the comic book formatted for widescreen televisions during playback of the album.
- Photo Gallery - unreleased photos and handwritten lyrics by Neil Peart
- DVD AUDIO/VIDEO SPECS:
- 5.1 Surround Sound mix by Richard Chycki in PCM (DVD-Audio players) and 48kHz / 24-bit Dolby Digital (DVD-Video players)
- 96kHz / 24-bit PCM Stereo (DVD-Audio players) and 48kHz / 24-bit Dolby Digital Stereo (DVD-Video players)
- BLU-RAY SPECS:
- 5.1 Surround Sound mix by Richard Chycki in 96kHz / 24-bit PCM and DTS-HD Master Audio
- 96kHz / 24-bit PCM Stereo
2112: SUPER DELUXE EDITION
2 DISC: CD + BLU-RAY version contained in hardbound book case
Housed in a hardbound book with a 40 page comic book by story artist Tom Hodges (Star Wars "The Clone Wars," The Simpson's "Treehouse of Horrors #17") and a 24 page book with expanded artwork, liner notes, lyrics and unreleased photos. New liner notes written by David Fricke, Rolling Stone.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks