|By Business Wire||
|November 12, 2012 11:49 AM EST||
Arrow Electronics Inc. (NYSE: ARW) announced a major update to Arrow Lighting Designer, the popular cloud-based application platform that enables engineers to design complete LED lighting solutions in a convenient online environment.
Arrow Lighting Designer includes a host of powerful new features for both novice and expert engineers that further shrink the design cycle. The latest version brings several new design workflows such as incorporating turn-key lighting modules, building on reference designs developed by Arrow lighting experts, and leveraging a design assistant to quickly specify design constraints, in addition to a custom designer workflow that provides full flexibility for expert users. A new powerful thermal engine allows users to perform system thermal analysis on the entire design. The ROI (Return on Investment) analysis feature has now been extended to support the complete system rather than just evaluating the light source. With a choice of more than 6,500 components, users can quickly review availability and pricing from Arrow as well as download a BOM for the entire design.
This integrated design environment combines multiple modules including light sources, secondary optics, power supplies, connectors, heat sinks, and boards to develop a system solution. With built-in design guidelines, powerful simulation and analytical engines, and a comprehensive BOM module, engineers can get quick results and access to a wide portfolio of products from leading component manufacturers, all in a convenient and intuitive online environment.
For more information on the Arrow Lighting Designer application, visit http://arrow.transim.com/lighting.
About Arrow Electronics
Arrow Electronics (www.arrow.com) is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for more than 120,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 390 locations in 53 countries.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?