|By PR Newswire||
|November 12, 2012 11:44 AM EST|
LONDON, November 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Comfort Insurance, a leading motorhome insurance provider, has been taking a look at ways in which to store a caravan or motorhome during the cold, damp winter months that we are now very much in. Such vehicles are traditionally placed into storage around this time of year since they are predominantly used during the summer months.
Whilst one may think that storing a caravan or motorhome simply means parking it off the road for a while, there is certainly a lot more to it, particularly if motorhome owners want to preserve their motorhome in the best possible condition.
Peter Cue, Managing Director at Comfort Insurance, has been explaining: "Many people like to rent high quality garages in order to store their vehicle whilst others choose to simply cover theirs up on the driveway. Depending on exactly what type of caravan or motorhome you may have, it can dictate the particular type of storage it is put into. For example, those that may have slightly older vehicles may well want to store it in a garage that is kept at optimum humidity in order to maintain its originality."
Additionally, Comfort Insurance have suggested that before putting a caravan or motorhome into winter storage it would be a good idea to have it serviced in order to ensure that it is not going into storage with issues that will only worsen whilst standing still. It will also be beneficial to give it a good clean, inside and out as any dirt that sits on the paintwork may well cause damage over time if not properly removed. Furthermore, it will also be good to remove the wheels whilst it's in storage as this will take pressure off the suspension and also help preserve the life of the tyres, which can be very costly!
Before storing the vehicle, owners should also oil any moving parts in order to prevent them from the danger of seizing up.
Comfort Insurance have been providing campervan insurance for a great number of years now. In order to request a quote, simply visit their website today to fill out a short quotation form.
SOURCE Comfort Insurance
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks