|By Marketwired .||
|November 12, 2012 10:13 AM EST||
ATLANTA, GA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/12/12 -- Carvel® Ice Cream announced today that it has teamed up with the American Red Cross to raise money for the Superstorm Sandy relief efforts. On Thursday, November 15th, participating Carvel® Shoppes will host a "FREE Ice Cream" Day from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and give out free soft serve cones to guests in their communities. In an effort to raise funds for the Red Cross, they will be selling coupon books for $3 with proceeds going to benefit Superstorm Sandy relief efforts.
With over 250 shoppes in the Northeast region, Carvel is dedicated to rebuilding the local communities. "The devastation and loss from Sandy is heart wrenching and we hope our efforts bring a little comfort to those affected," states Scott Colwell, president of Carvel.
The Carvel coupon books will have over $30 in value for future visits. They will be available at all participating shoppes beginning November 15th. Carvel is pledging to donate $50,000 to the Red Cross for Superstorm Sandy relief efforts.
About Carvel Ice Cream
The United States' first retail ice cream franchise, Carvel® Ice Cream has become one of the best-loved and most recognized names in its industry. The company is a leading provider of premium soft serve and hand dipped ice cream products, as well as uniquely shaped ice cream cakes, including its signature Fudgie the Whale® and Cookie Puss® cakes. Atlanta-based Carvel currently operates over 450 franchised and food service locations, and is a part of FOCUS Brands Inc., the franchisor of Carvel® Ice Cream, Cinnabon®, Schlotzsky's®, Moe's Southwest Grill®, Auntie Anne's® and Seattle's Best Coffee® on military bases and in certain international markets. Visit www.carvel.com for more information, follow us on Twitter @CarvelIceCream of become a fan at http://facebook.com/CarvelIceCream
About the American Red Cross
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or join our blog at http://blog.redcross.org.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2149843
PR & Communications Manager
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks