|By Business Wire||
|November 12, 2012 08:05 AM EST||
Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ: VTSS) and Avago Technologies (NASDAQ: AVGO) announced availability of the industry’s first CXP host joint reference design delivering 100G/120G connectivity for high-speed routers, Enterprise data centers and high-performance cloud computing applications. Based on Vitesse’s VSC7227 12-channel signal conditioner and Avago’s AFBR-83PDZ 100G CXP, this joint reference design enables customers to leverage Vitesse and Avago interoperability and expedite time-to-market with solutions for 100G/120G connectivity. It will be highlighted at SC12 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Sustained growth in cloud computing, mobile networking and video, remote storage and other bandwidth-intensive services drives demand for high density 100G/120G connectivity. Recent surveys show that network bandwidth demand is one of the most critical issues facing data centers, driven by increases in virtualization, cloud computing, big data, and convergence. To meet these needs, both carrier and equipment providers are upgrading existing systems with higher density 10G ports which are expected to grow 68% in 2012 alone, according to Infonetics. The reference design supports both these higher density 10G ports, along with the migration to true 100G links and beyond.
“The Vitesse reference design demonstrates the combined superior performance of the Avago CXP transceivers with the Vitesse signal conditioning ICs,” said Sharon Hall, product manager for parallel fiber optic products at Avago. “With this combined solution, system designers can design 100G/120G optically connected systems with confidence and improved signal integrity.”
“This reference design gives our customers a proven way to solve higher bandwidth demands in optical networks,” said Gary Paules, product marketing manager at Vitesse. “Through ecosystem developments such as with Avago, Vitesse continues to extend its connectivity leadership, enabling our customers to rapidly bring to market advanced solutions for high density 100G Ethernet and Infiniband applications.”
Reference Design Details
The reference design is available immediately. Contact your local Vitesse sales office to learn more.
Specific devices on the reference design include:
- Avago’s AFBR-83PDZ CXP module supports 100G Ethernet and Infiniband IB-QDR / IB-DDR / IB-SDR applications. Exceeding the electrical requirements of IEEE 802.3ba 100G (100 GBASE-SR10 and CPPI) and optical specifications for the 100G SR standard of 100m or a more aggressive 150m on OM4 fiber, the module supports the highest density data communications and interconnection applications with an aggregate bandwidth in excess of 120G. For more details, visit www.avagotech.com/pages/en/fiber_optics/parallel_optics/12-channel_parallel_optics/afbr-83pdz/.
- Vitesse’s VSC7227, the industry’s lowest power 12-channel solution, supports data rates from 155 Mbps to 14.1 G and adaptive equalization on each channel with no requirement for firmware. VSC7227 combines a high performance CTLE/DFE input receiver that can equalize more than 30dB of loss, along with a 3-tap FIR output driver with better than 18dB of de-emphasis. This combination of input equalization and output driver can close links up to 65 inches of FR4 and 20 meters of copper cable. For more information, visit www.vitesse.com/products/product.php?number=VSC7227.
Avago and Vitesse at Supercomputing (SC12)
The joint reference platform is available for viewing at SC12 in the Avago booth #737. Along with the active hardware demonstration, a complete interoperability report is now available to interested customers.
The International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC12) takes place November 12-15, 2012 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. Learn more about the conference at sc12.supercomputing.org.
About Avago Technologies
Avago Technologies is a leading supplier of analog interface components for wireless, wireline, and industrial applications. The company provides an extensive range of analog, mixed signal and optoelectronics components and subsystems to approximately 40,000 end customers. Avago has a global employee presence and heritage of technical innovation dating back 50 years to its Hewlett-Packard roots. Information about Avago is available on the Web at www.avagotech.com. Follow Avago on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Avagotech and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Avagotech.
Vitesse (NASDAQ: VTSS) designs a diverse portfolio of high-performance semiconductor solutions for Carrier and Enterprise networks worldwide. Vitesse products enable the fastest-growing network infrastructure markets including Mobile Access/IP Edge, Cloud Computing and SMB/SME Enterprise Networking. Visit www.vitesse.com or follow us on Twitter @VitesseSemi.
Vitesse is a registered trademark of Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other trademarks or registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective holders.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks