|By Marketwired .||
|November 12, 2012 07:04 AM EST||
CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 11/12/12 -- Latisys, a leading national provider of outsourced IT solutions delivered on a high-density, high-security platform, today announced that construction has commenced on an additional 10,000 square feet of high-density, raised floor data center space in Chicago. Responding to growing demand for highly flexible and extremely scalable infrastructure -- from colo to cloud -- Latisys will add 1.35 megawatts of additional power.
The Oak Brook, Illinois-based data center serves as the Midwest hub of Latisys' national IT Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platform -- which includes Denver as an ideal Disaster Recovery site and Southern California and Northern Virginia as gateways to Asia Pacific and Europe. This current expansion is to CHI2 -- a 49,000 sq. ft. purpose-built Tier III facility adjacent to CHI1 -- and reflects Latisys' unwavering commitment to meet growing demand in the Chicagoland region for a secure, reliable and scalable infrastructure platform. And with power and cooling capabilities to deliver 175-200 watts per sq. ft. of usable data center space, Latisys will provide some of the highest density colocation in the Chicago area.
Latisys expects to complete construction of the new space by the end of Q1, 2013 and make it available for customer deployment in April.
CHI2 is tied directly to existing fiber carriers in the buildings, monitored 24x7x365 by on-site NOC personnel and systems, and operated under SOC 2 Type II and SOC 3 audited controls. This replaces the SAS 70 guidebook and reaffirms Latisys' commitment to meet the highest standards for availability and security, while making sure all of the appropriate controls and safeguards are firmly in place.
Latisys' growth in Chicago reflects an increasing national market demand for data center, hosting and cloud services, with Gartner predicting the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) market will grow by 47.8% through 2015.
Latisys delivers several key features to meet a variety of critical business drivers:
- Capacity to meet increasing demand for power and space among Chicago-based organizations whose existing capacity has been reached
- Key proximity to downtown Chicago and CME, offering organizations in the Central Business District and surrounding areas latency as low as sub 1ms
- Flexible, tailored solutions to meet the dynamic needs of today's nimble businesses -- who want a single provider that can right-size solutions both for today and for tomorrow
- End-to-end IT outsourcing platform spanning colocation, managed hosting and cloud -- with the flexibility to tailor solutions to complex requirements and changing needs
- Full suite of managed services including network management, managed server hosting, server virtualization, storage, backup, replication and security services
"As one of the country's premium transportation and high speed connectivity hubs, Chicago continues to grow as a destination of choice for outsourced IT infrastructure services -- particularly among large enterprises," said Scott Moerman, Regional Sales Director of Latisys in Chicago. "This investment helps ensure that the Latisys data center campus, managed hosting and cloud platform continue to lead the way for businesses for whom change is constant and a truly agile IT infrastructure partner is an imperative."
"Latisys' expansion reflects our commitment to ensuring that new and existing customers have immediate access to high density and highly flexible IT solutions optimized to current requirements and scalable to future business needs," said Pete Stevenson, CEO of Latisys. "Chicago is a key component of our national IT services platform for which we continue to see accelerating demand for high performance, highly secure, hybrid IaaS.
Separately, Latisys today announced availability of DC5, an additional 22,000 sq. ft. of highly secure, ultra-high power density, carrier-grade IT infrastructure space and additional power in its state-of-the-art data center just outside of Washington, DC.
Earlier this year, Latisys announced that it is adding 72,000 square feet of highly secure, high density, carrier grade IT infrastructure space along with significant power upgrades. After the recent opening of DEN2 -- Latisys' newest state-of-the-art data center in Denver -- and DC5 -- in Ashburn, Latisys' total data center platform now exceeds 343,000 square feet across seven data centers in four major markets.
Latisys is a leading national provider of colocation, managed hosting, managed services, disaster recovery and private cloud solutions to medium-sized businesses, enterprise customers and government agencies. With a heritage of serving business customers since 1994, and multiple high-density data centers across the United States, Latisys offers a scalable outsourced IT infrastructure platform that provides customers with what they need, when they need it. As a client-centric company -- with state of the art data centers in Ashburn, Virginia, Chicago, Denver and Irvine, California -- Latisys is quickly becoming the IaaS platform of choice for companies that demand more from their IT infrastructure partner. All while optimizing clients' return on investment. All while 'delivering more_'. Call 1-866-956-9594, visit www.latisys.com or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/latisys for additional information.
Carter B. Cromley
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London