|By Marketwired .||
|November 11, 2012 11:00 PM EST||
FREMONT, CA and SHIN-YOKOHAMA, JAPAN -- (Marketwire) -- 11/11/12 -- DCG Systems, Inc. the leading provider of semiconductor diagnostic, characterization and defect localization solutions, today announced that a major power device manufacturer purchased DCG's ELITE System for inspection of their next generation SiC power devices.
"Sensitivity of the system is much better than we had expected and beyond even some of the claimed specifications provided by DCG," stated the Manager of the customer's device development department. "The new laser marker was delivered on time and its performance has been much better than what had previously been available in the market."
This system is one of the most sophisticated ELITE systems yet delivered to a customer comprising the newly developed laser marker, full IR lens options, double-sided probing and high voltage power analysis capability. "We believe this solution will help customers develop faster leading edge power devices. Employing new semiconductor materials such as SiC and GaN introduce increasing development and reliability challenges. The ELITE system is helping our customers strengthen their competitive edge in this growing market," commented Randy Schussler, VP and GM of the IRIS (InfaRed Imaging Systems) Business Unit at DCG Systems.
The ELITE (Enhanced Lock-In Thermal Emission) utilizes Lock-In Thermography (LIT) to accurately and efficiently locate defects. The ELITE incorporates the highest sensitivity thermal emission camera in the market (capable of detecting down to 20 nW of local power dissipation), High resolution Midwave Infrared (MWIR) imaging with large format InSb cameras, 3D localization for through-package imaging and stacked die analysis, contact-less absolute temperature mapping. Further real-time, pixel-wise IR lock-in thermography requires no post processing or integration time limitations while the custom MWIR lenses and thermal SIL (solid immersion lens) ensure highest resolution and sensitivity. Applications of ELITE beyond power devices range to general non-destructive testing (NDT)
About DCG Systems
DCG Systems, Inc., a privately held company headquartered in Fremont, California, is the industry's leading supplier of semiconductor diagnostic, characterization and defect localization solutions. With more than 1200 systems deployed worldwide, DCG Systems delivers the most comprehensive and advanced systems available to enhance the yield and efficiency of today's micro-fabrication technologies. DCG's solutions include: circuit edit (CE); circuit analysis; electrical failure analysis; thermal failure analysis; and nanoprobing characterization. All of DCG's solutions leverage its patented NEXS software suite for unrivaled CAD navigational capabilities.
DCG Systems has offices in the U.S., Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Israel and Germany. For more information about DCG Systems, visit www.dcgsystems.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London