|By Marketwired .||
|November 11, 2012 04:53 PM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/11/12 -- The Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence, concluded a visit to Afghanistan today. During his visit, Minister MacKay met with senior Canadian Forces officers and Afghan officials, and attended a Remembrance Day Ceremony with Canadian military members serving on Operation Attention, Canada's contribution to the NATO Training Mission in Afghanistan.
"It was an honour for me to take part in the Remembrance Day ceremony with the men and women who serve Canada as part of the Training Mission in Afghanistan," said Minister MacKay. "Canada's mission is a solid reminder of the commitment, professionalism and dedication of our men women in uniform - past and present - who have supported and continue to support and protect peace around the globe."
During his visit, Minister MacKay also had an opportunity to meet with Canadian troops during a barbecue held in honour of Remembrance Day.
Operation Attention, Canada's participation in the NATO Training Mission in Afghanistan, delivers training and professional development services to the national security forces of Afghanistan, especially the Afghan National Army and the Afghan National Police. Its primary objective is to prepare the Afghan national security forces for a seamless transition of authority by the end of 2014.
Notes to editor / news director:
Minister MacKay's Remembrance Day video: http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/minister-ministre/video/video-view-voir-eng.asp?id=13
Minister MacKay's Remembrance Day Statement: http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/news-nouvelles/news-nouvelles-eng.asp?id=4490
Still imagery and video are available on the Canadian Forces Image Gallery at: http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/site/01/REMDAY12/index-eng.asp
Office of the Minister of National Defence
Media Liaison Office
1 866 377-0811
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?