|By PR Newswire||
|November 11, 2012 04:13 PM EST||
WALTHAM, Mass., Nov. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) and Student Veterans of America (SVA) have joined forces to help empower student veterans to attain their higher education goals. Raytheon presented SVA with a $50,000 grant during a Veterans Day reception Sunday in Massachusetts.
Raytheon's partnership with SVA will provide support, mentoring, career guidance and opportunities to service members pursuing higher education degrees. The SVA program sponsorship includes:
- Establishment of the SVA-Raytheon STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) Scholarship;
- Support for the Leadership Institute Series, which provides training to SVA chapter leaders aimed at improving peer support for student veterans;
- Launch of the Student Veteran Outcomes Project, an effort to track the graduation rates of student veterans on campuses nationwide.
"Our partnership with Student Veterans of America expands Raytheon's efforts to empower members of our armed forces to achieve future success as they transition from active military service to civilian life," said William H. Swanson, Chairman and CEO of Raytheon Company. "Veterans have so much to contribute to our nation's progress. The work SVA has undertaken to create a supportive system for student veterans provides the foundation for academic achievement and fulfilling career opportunities."
"Student Veterans of America is deeply honored to receive Raytheon's support," said Michael Dakduk, Executive Director of SVA. "Their donation is a true recognition that student veterans are future leaders of this country and that career success starts with an education."
About Student Veterans of America
SVA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit coalition of over 550 student veteran organizations on college campuses globally. Founded in 2008, the SVA's mission is to provide military veterans with the resources, support and advocacy needed to succeed in higher education and following graduation.
Raytheon Company, with 2011 sales of $25 billion and 71,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
SOURCE Raytheon Company
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks