|By PR Newswire||
|November 11, 2012 11:15 AM EST||
OTTAWA, Nov. 11, 2012 /CNW/ - The Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Veterans Affairs, issued the following statement on the occasion of Remembrance Day 2012:
"Today, Canadians remember the men and women from all branches of the armed forces and all walks of life who have served our country with courage and dedication in peace and in war.
"More than 2.3 million Canadians have served our country since Confederation; there are so many individuals we can pause to remember.
"The men and women who have served our great country gave selflessly for our freedom, and one way we repay them is by remembering their sacrifices. Remembrance Day is also an occasion to pay tribute to Veterans' families and other loved ones who have sacrificed so much for us.
"Veterans helped build the Canada we know and love. They gave everything they had for everything we have today. We are proud of what Veterans have accomplished for the protection of our country and the promotion of our Canadian values of peace, democracy, and the rule of law around the world.
"All Canadians—young and old—should be inspired to take the time to remember those who gave so much without ever questioning the cost.
"Throughout the past year, we have marked a number of significant historical military milestones, including the 95th anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge, the 95th anniversary of the capture of Passchendaele and the 70th anniversary of the Dieppe Raid. Recognizing these important anniversaries ensures that the stories of our Veterans will live on for generations to come.
"As we mark Remembrance Day, it is our duty to pass on the legacy and keep the memories of our Canadian Veterans alive. Show your appreciation to our Veterans for their sacrifices and their achievements. Not just today, but every day—take time to remember.
"Lest we forget."
SOURCE Veterans Affairs Canada
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher