|By PR Newswire||
|November 11, 2012 10:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Nov. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- At the 2012 American College of Rheumatology Annual Meeting in Washington, DC, Esaote North America is showcasing innovative ultrasound and MRI systems that help physicians identify and manage rheumatological diseases. Additionally, respected Rheumatologists from around the world will be presenting their experience with Esaote products within the Esaote booth at the Washington Convention Center.
"We are honored that distinguished physicians around the world use Esaote products as integral tools in their practice and wish to share their clinical experiences with other Rheumatologists," said Claudio Bertolini, President of Esaote North America.
Physicians presenting in the Esaote exhibit include:
- Gurjit Kaeley, MD, Associate Professor and Chief, Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University of Florida, Jacksonville
- Midori Jane Nishio, MD, Rheumatology Department, John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek, California
- Dr. Esperanza Naredo, Rheumatology Department, Hospital Universitario Severo Ochoa, Madrid, Spain
- Kyla Lokitz, MD, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Rheumatology, Louisiana State University, Louisiana Arthritis and Rheumatology, Shreveport, LA
- Prof. Dr. Med. Wolfgang Schmidt, Medical Center for Rheumatology, Berlin-Buch, Germany
Esaote's focus on in-office ultrasound and MR imaging technology results in products that help Rheumatologists address the twin challenges of an aging population and declining reimbursements. "Esaote is committed to aligning with US physicians and delivering products that help them focus on their patients, deliver high quality care, and improve clinical productivity," said Mr. Bertolini.
Among the products showcased in the booth are:
MyLab Alpha. A powerful, laptop-based ultrasound system that combines enhanced clinical imaging capabilities with thoughtful workflow improvements. From dual transducer ports and touch screen operation, through wireless networking and long battery life, MyLab Alpha offers Rheumatologists opportunities to improve the operational efficiency of their practice. Physicians will also see improved clinical performance. "The Power Doppler sensitivity of the MyLab Alpha is excellent," said Dr. Gurjit Kaeley, Associate Professor and Chief, Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology at the University of Florida, Jacksonville. "The ability to clearly visualize areas of slow blood flow helps me accurately track the status of inflammatory disease in my patients."
22MHz Ultrasound Transducer. This new high frequency transducer excels at imaging anatomy close to the surface of the skin. "In pediatric cases, or instances of rheumatological disease in the hands and elbows, physicians don't need the depth of penetration that is required for shoulders or knees," said Gordon Parhar, Ultrasound Marketing Director at Esaote North America. "This new addition to Esaote's extensive ultrasound transducer line helps physicians address important clinical areas and was created specifically in response to needs expressed by our US customers."
O-scan is a non-claustrophobic, dedicated extremity MR imaging system with a full range of imaging capabilities and a compact design that fits into a typical exam room. "Patients appreciate the convenience of getting an MR exam in their Rheumatologist's office," commented Bill Conn, MRI Marketing Director at Esaote North America. "Offering this service in-office strengthens the physician-patient relationship and expedites the communication of exam results with patients." O-scan runs on a standard 110v power outlet and fits through standard doorways and hallways to facilitate installation.
S-scan is a dedicated musculoskeletal MR system that also includes imaging of the shoulders and spine. The open design and small footprint allows the S-scan to be comfortably installed in a typical Rheumatology practice. All Esaote MR systems are affordable, in-office alternatives to sending patients to distant imaging centers.
About Esaote North America, Inc.
Esaote North America, headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, is a leading manufacturer and distributor of portable and console-based ultrasound and MRI equipment in the U.S. Established in 1979, Esaote North America is part of the international Esaote Group, a global leader in the research, production and marketing of diagnostic medical equipment. Esaote is among the largest manufacturers of ultrasound systems worldwide and prides itself on achieving superior price-performance over competitors through its focus on only ultrasound and office-based MRI medical equipment. For more information, visit www.esaoteusa.com.
For More Information Contact:
Gordon Parhar 317.813.6073
SOURCE Esaote North America
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher