|By PR Newswire||
|November 11, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Nov. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 11: VETERANS DAY
Profile America — Sunday, November 11th. Today is Veterans Day, originating on this date in 1919 on the first anniversary of the end of World War I and then known as Armistice Day. In 1954, it's name was changed to Veterans Day, and its scope widened to honor veterans from all eras. Across the country, there are 21.5 million military veterans, 1.6 million of them women. Seven and a half million are Vietnam vets, 2.4 million from Korea, and only 1.8 million remain from the 16 million in uniform during World War II. Another 5.4 million served during the Cold War. You can find more facts about America's people, places and economy, from the American Community Survey at www.census.gov.
Sources: Chase's Calendar of Events 2012, p. 545
U.S. Census Bureau, Facts for Features, CB12-FF.21
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov (look for "Multimedia Gallery" by the "Newsroom" button).
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks