|By Marketwired .||
|November 10, 2012 04:01 AM EST||
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 11/10/12 -- After a fantastic week at the UK Online Poker Series (UKOPS), culminating in an exciting final evening's action, the latest Sky Poker UKOPS Festival has now come to a close. Overall the festival was brilliantly received, and proved really popular with players and spectators.
The UKOPS week produced some truly staggering prize pools. All of the Main Events during the week generated a cumulative prize pool of GBP 200,400, which was an 18% increase on the GBP 170,000 guarantee.
The story is similar across the rest of the events, as the Mini Events generated a total prize pool of GBP 38,930, which is a significant increase on the GBP 30,000 guarantee. Meanwhile, the Side Events created a prize pool of GBP 66,000, which was a remarkable 32% increase on the GBP 50,000 guarantee.
This resulted in a total generated prize pool of GBP 305,330, which compares favourably to the GBP 250,000 guarantee.
Yet Sky Poker is optimistic that this can be improved upon over the upcoming winter months. Following the success of UKOPS, there are plans in place for a festive addition to the online poker festival between Christmas and New Year (the 27th to 30th December).
Finally, Sky Poker would like to extend their thank you to everyone who supported UKOPS, and made it so special. It was a truly fantastic week, and they hope that they can repeat it soon!
Sky Poker is one of the UK's leading online poker rooms, and offers Texas Hold'em and Omaha in a variety of tense tournaments and exciting cash games. Join now to play in pounds with no download required, and players are able to win amazing cash rewards. Some lucky players may even experience the thrill of having their hands reviewed on Sky Poker TV.
For more information, or to start playing online poker now, visit the Sky Poker website.
Sky Poker is the British Sky Broadcasting's online poker division, which allows users to play poker online on their website and screens selected hands from various tournaments and cash games on Sky Poker TV, allowing players on the site to become the stars of the TV channel. Sky Poker focuses on poker online and UK poker players, with all play at the tables in pounds rather than dollars, as well as its own Sky Poker Tour around the country.
Sky Poker is licensed and regulated by the Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC).
0113 389 5941
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks