|By PR Newswire||
|November 10, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Nov. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 10: AMERICAN INDIAN HERITAGE MONTH
Profile America — Saturday, November 10th. This is National American Indian Heritage Month, with a wide variety of events planned across the country. The 2010 Census counted 5.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives in the U.S., 1.7 percent of the total population. California is home to the highest number of these groups, at over 723,000, followed by Oklahoma at nearly 483,000. Los Angeles County leads all of the nation's counties with the number of people in this racial category. American Indians and Alaska Natives are the largest minority group in five states across the U.S. You can find more facts about America's people, places and economy, from the American Community Survey at www.census.gov.
Sources: Chase's Calendar of Events 2012, p. 531
U.S. Census Bureau, Facts for Features, CB11-FF.22
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov (look for "Multimedia Gallery" by the "Newsroom" button).
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks