|By PR Newswire||
|November 9, 2012 06:55 PM EST||
WASHINGTON, Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- With the announcement tonight by the House Majority Leader's Office confirming a vote on Permanent Normal Trade Relations (PNTR) with Russia next week in the House of Representatives, Edward S. Verona, president of the U.S.-Russia Business Council, issued the following statement:
"We are delighted to see that the House leadership is scheduling a vote on Permanent Normal Trade Relations (PNTR) with Russia next week," said Mr. Verona. "As the business community's voice on Russia in Washington, DC, and as leaders of the Coalition for U.S.-Russia Trade, our organization has worked hard to educate Members of Congress and their staffs on both sides of the aisle regarding the benefits of Russia's market-opening commitments for U.S. manufacturers, service providers and farmers. This is not a gift to Russia. Our negotiators worked hard in Republican and Democratic Administrations to secure a strong deal on Russia's accession for U.S. interests. Yet, when Russia joined the World Trade Organization earlier this year, our foreign competitors reaped a windfall of benefits in this nearly $2 trillion market that U.S. companies could not access. Congress' approval to establish PNTR with Russia will put us on a level playing field. Next week's vote in the House will be an important first step. There is strong bipartisan support for this measure, and we will continue to work tirelessly to ensure a strong vote in the House."
The U.S.-Russia Business Council (USRBC) represents the interests of its 250 U.S. and Russian member companies, providing business development and government relations support in both Moscow and Washington. The USRBC contributes to the stability and development of a free market in Russia and supports Russia's integration into the global economy. It also serves as the Secretariat for the Coalition for U.S.-Russia Trade. Learn more at www.usrbc.org and www.usrussiatrade.org.
SOURCE U.S.-Russia Business Council
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher