|By Marketwired .||
|November 9, 2012 03:54 PM EST||
CARTHAGE, MO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/09/12 -- With today's busy lifestyles, it's no surprise that more than 70 percent of Americans have Internet access in their bedrooms, and most report watching TV or reading emails before sleep. But while staying connected is important to most consumers, a recent study by Leggett & Platt Adjustable Bed Group found that nearly all (90%) want their master suite to serve as a tranquil retreat.
To create a relaxing and restful space while still remaining connected in the bedroom, HGTV's Season 5 "Design Star" winner and the host of "Secrets from a Stylist," Emily Henderson, says that the right mix of décor is more important than ever.
"As a stylist and designer, I know how challenging it can be to separate work time from quiet time," says Henderson. "Today's bedroom is for more than just sleeping, but that doesn't mean we have to compromise great style and comfort when we want it. From choosing soothing colors, incorporating luxurious fabrics and textures, and integrating relaxation-enhancing technology, I work with my clients to create spaces that are comfortable and exude warmth no matter their use."
Here are Emily's tips to help tech-savvy consumers turn a bedroom into a peaceful and luxurious haven:
Start with the bed
- "Always invest in great bedding. Plus, an adjustable bed can offer a chic look and customizable comfort. I have one from Leggett & Platt's Designer Series that allows me to adjust the head, knees and feet with massage options. The collection offers four on-trend colors and upholstered headboard styles. Plus, it works with most mattresses. It's amazing the difference this bed has made in my life, and it looks great!"
Choose a calming color palette
- "Color theory doesn't need to be complicated: stick to three colors to avoid chaos. Two big trends for 2013 are purple -- ranging from mauves to plums -- and shades of green, so consider one of those colors for fabrics or use them in one of your nightstand accessories. Bright colors like red and fuchsia are great for accessories, not your walls. As much as I love a bold color, for a bedroom, I often work with blues, grays and creams as the dominant colors with hits of a stronger accent color to make it feel more calming."
Layer, layer, layer your bedding
- "Make sure you have tons of textures and layers. More than any other room, upholstery is important. In your bedroom, you want everything soft. You don't necessarily need a lot of patterns or colors. The key is to contrast textures like wools, linens, cashmeres and knits to make it feel inviting. Remember to keep everything in your color palette to avoid it looking messy or feeling busy."
Wake Up to Luxury
- "Every person deserves to wake up in the morning and step onto something luxurious, so if you don't have carpet in your bedroom, get a rug. It could be two small 3x5 throw rugs on either side of the bed or a large one that grounds the whole space. Rugs add that texture, warmth and luxurious feel to a bedroom."
For more tips from Emily Henderson on creating the perfect and relaxing bedroom haven, 2013 color trends and style techniques, please visit www.lpadjustablebases.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2148862
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2148859
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London