|By Marketwired .||
|November 9, 2012 03:51 PM EST||
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/09/12 -- The BC Chapter of the American Marketing Association (BCAMA) presents Canadian marketing guru, Ken Wong, on the topic of Marketing in an Uncertain Time on November 15, 2012 at the Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Hotel.
This kick-off breakfast event is designed to identify top-down what the C-suite, board and senior management need to know to successfully navigate their business in the global digital age. More specifically, Wong will showcase how the current economic picture in Canada and the US is influencing the decision-making process and results of top brands across North America.
At the core of Wong's presentation is the question of marketing as an "investment" for the future versus an "expense" since it requires costs in the short-term. As a result, this dynamic creates a problem where the CEO/CFO/Board have to either: Find a way to justify a "long term investment that will hurt short term performance" or demand that any marketing spending be able to justify itself with short-term performance gains even if the result is less brand development. Attendees will learn key cases and best practices taken from blue-chip brands gained from Wong's extensive experience.
About Ken Wong
Ken Wong is The Distinguished Professor of Marketing at Queen's School of Business and a Partner at the Level 5 Strategy Group. Wong has also held administrative positions at Queen's, where he was the principal architect in the first degree program in Canada to operate without government funding. As a speaker and consultant Wong has worked with hundreds of organizations all around the world from small start-ups to large multinationals to government agencies, with an emphasis on methods to improve the profitability and productivity of marketing efforts.
Wong has also written extensively on the subject for publications such as The Financial Times, The Globe & Mail, the National Post, Marketing and Strategy magazine. He has won several awards for his role in the Canadian marketing and business community: these include induction into the Canadian Marketing Hall of Legends and the Financial Post's Leader in Management Education. In addition, Wong sits on a number of Boards for both private and public agencies.
Thursday, November 15, 2012
Registration & Breakfast: 7:00am to 7:20am
Presentation: 7:20am to 9:00am
Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle, 1128 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC
Visit the BCAMA website
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks