|By PR Newswire||
|November 9, 2012 03:43 PM EST||
PEARL RIVER, N.Y., Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In immediate response to the unprecedented destruction caused by Hurricane Sandy on the East Coast and particularly in the New York tri-state area, Hunter Douglas, the leading manufacturer and marketer of custom window fashions in North America, announced today that it has created the Hunter Douglas Hurricane Sandy Relief & Recovery Fund. The Company will make an initial donation of $100,000 and, in addition to that $100,000, will match every employee donation on a dollar-for-dollar basis up to $250,000.
"All of us at Hunter Douglas are deeply saddened by the devastating effect of Hurricane Sandy on the lives of so many of our fellow Americans. We want to do what we can to help those who are suffering and most in need of support," said Marv Hopkins, Hunter Douglas North America President and CEO.
The monies are being donated to two highly efficient and effective nonprofits: The New York Times Neediest Cases Hurricane Sandy Relief Effort and Team Rubicon.
Managed by The New York Times Company, which absorbs all administrative costs, The New York Times Neediest Cases Hurricane Sandy Relief Effort is providing direct assistance through key area social service agencies to those people in the tri-state region most severely affected.
Team Rubicon, a veteran service organization that repurposes the ready-made organizational and operational skills of military veterans for disaster relief, has mobilized 1,000 veteran volunteers in the tri-state to assist in the response and recovery process. Team Rubicon teams are currently working street by street, home by home, for post-disaster damage assessments, debris management and emergency coordination. All resources are devoted to the direct coordination and execution of disaster response and recovery efforts.
Hunter Douglas Inc., headquartered in Pearl River, N.Y., is the leading manufacturer and marketer of custom window coverings in North America and a major manufacturer of architectural products with approximately 6,000 employees and 40 divisions. The Company is also a national sponsor of Habitat for Humanity, covering windows in every Habitat home built in the U.S. and Canada. Its products include Duette® honeycomb shades, Silhouette® window shadings, Pirouette® window shadings, Vignette® Modern Roman Shades and Luminette® Privacy Sheers and Modern Draperies.
For more information, call 1-800-274-2985 or visit: www.hunterdouglas.com.
SOURCE Hunter Douglas Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London