|By PR Newswire||
|November 9, 2012 02:36 PM EST||
TULSA, Okla., Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Leake Auction Company will wrap up their 40th anniversary celebration as their annual car show and auction rolls into Dallas Market Hall, November 16-18. Admission is $15 for adults, $10 for senior citizens and military personnel with an ID and $7 for children under 12. Feature cars will include a 1959 Corvette Convertible, a number's matching 1970 Mustang Boss 429 and a 1914 Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost.
The Corvette is a NCRS Top Flight winner and features a 283 CI/290 HP V-8 engine. It is equipped with a manual 4-speed transmission and comes with a hard and soft top. The car has appeared in Corvette Fever magazine. All awards, documentation and magazine articles will go to the winning bidder. Of the 38 corvettes consigned to the auction, five have received the NCRS Top Flight Award.
One of only 500 made, the Mustang Boss 429 is a certified numbers matching vehicle. It features a hemi head 429 Cobra Jet Ram Air NASCAR engine, 4-speed manual transmission and magnum 500 wheels. Photo documentation is available proving it has the original engine and transmission.
The beautiful 1914 Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost is a rebodied Brewster Type Tourer. It sits on a chassis number 15LB with engine number 86D. Documentation is available tracing the car's ownership to its original owner. Expected to sell for half a million dollars, the Silver Ghost was the origin of Rolls-Royce's claim of making the "Best car in the world." This phrase was actually coined by the publisher of Autocar magazine. Only 7,874 Silver Ghost cars were produced from 1907 to 1926.
"When you attend one of our auctions, you have the opportunity to see a full spectrum of automotive history on display," stated Richard Sevenoaks, president of Leake Auction Company. "Many of the cars you have admired over the years are likely on display and up for auction in Dallas. Over the last 40 years, we have enjoyed watching the trends in car collecting. We are excited about the future of the industry and the impact we are making on it."
Leake Auction Company was established in 1972 as one of the first car auctions in the country. More than 40 years later the auction company has sold more than 34,000 cars. Leake Auction Company currently operates auctions in Tulsa, Oklahoma City and Dallas.
Jennifer Tetley, 918.232.7952
SOURCE Leake Auction Company
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks