|By PR Newswire||
|November 9, 2012 11:19 AM EST||
CHICAGO, Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- This Veteran's Day, the Illinois CPA Society offers a way for the men and women who serve our country to get a little in return. ICPAS, through the Military Service Tax Preparation Project – a partnership with the Internal Revenue Service, is once again offering free federal and state income tax preparation performed by member volunteers to active duty military members and their families throughout the state.
Especially valuable as tax season approaches, this year-round program is available to members of the Armed Forces who have recently returned from or are still serving in a combat zone or qualified hazardous duty area. Volunteer CPAs use their experience and expertise to help military families take full advantage of the unique tax benefits, exclusions and filing extensions available to them. Illinois CPA Society volunteers have helped more than 300 military personnel since the program began by making the stressful task of tax preparation easier and alleviating one small concern at a tough time in their lives.
The Military Service Tax Preparation Project is designed to help those who don't have a relationship with a CPA and who would otherwise have few resources for financial advice and information on IRS guidelines for military personnel. To qualify for free tax preparation assistance, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Illinois resident;
- Be a member of the U.S. Armed Forces having served in a combat zone or qualified hazardous duty area within the 2012 tax calendar year;
- Be a member of the U.S. Armed Forces serving in a contingency operation.
Family members – spouse, son, daughter or parents – can request assistance on behalf of military personnel. For more information about the Military Service Tax Preparation Project or to arrange for assistance from a volunteer CPA, visit the Illinois CPA Society's website, www.icpas.org/militarytaxrequest/ or contact Jill Loeser, Government Relations Manager, at 800.572.9870 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Illinois CPA Society
The Illinois CPA Society, founded in 1903, is the fourth largest state CPA society in the nation, with more than 24,000 members. It is the premier professional organization that represents CPAs in Illinois. During its over 100 years of existence, the Society has advanced the highest ethical and financial standards of the profession, and has been a leader in educating the public on financial issues.
SOURCE Illinois CPA Society
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?