|By Marketwire .||
|November 9, 2012 08:25 AM EST|
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/09/12 -- This year, as governor general of Canada, I had the honour of taking part in the ceremony in France commemorating the 95th anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge. I was also present during the commemorations marking the 70th anniversary of the Dieppe Raid. These two tragic chapters were among the bloodiest in Canadian military history.
On this Remembrance Day, we have yet another opportunity to honour the memory of those members of the Canadian Forces who, in times of war and conflict, gave their all to defend the values of justice, peace and security.
I am deeply grateful and have the utmost respect for the valiant soldiers who have served or serve today in the Canadian Forces. These courageous men and women truly embody the love for one's country. It is thanks to them and to the sacrifices that they and their families have made that we are privileged to live in a free and democratic society. We owe them a tremendous debt.
To our fellow citizens in the Canadian Forces, I wish to convey my profound gratitude. Let us pay tribute to their lives and to their accomplishments, and let us renew our promise to never forget the terrible price of war.
Remembrance Day is celebrated on November 11, 2012.
Rideau Hall Press Office
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks