|By Marketwired .||
|November 9, 2012 04:08 AM EST||
ROCKVILLE, MD -- (Marketwire) -- 11/09/12 -- MarketResearch.com has announced the addition of the new report "The Future of Heart Health Food and Drinks," to their collection of market reports.
Cardiovascular disorders such as elevated blood cholesterol levels, hypertension, and impaired blood circulation represent a major public health issue and are the number one cause of mortality globally. The WHO estimates that 29% of all global deaths in 2004 were due to cardiovascular diseases. This report examines the emerging market for food and drink products that target heart health.
The U.S. makes up the largest single heart health food and drinks market, capturing around two thirds of the overall sector ($6.8bn in 2009), and is forecast to reach $10.5bn by 2015. In terms of product category, bakery and cereals dominates the heart health food and drinks market. Hot and soft drinks made up almost a third of the heart health market during 2008-10 in terms of NPD. Fruit juices, tea, and dairy drinks were the most significant sub-categories in terms of product launches with heart health claims. Manufacturers are utilizing many different ingredients including omega-3, phytosterols, and various vitamins. The first health claims authorized by the European Commission pertained to cardiovascular health benefits. Plant phytosterols have been approved to lower blood cholesterol levels, water-soluble tomato concentrate for helping healthy blood flow, and more recently oat beta-glucan has been authorized to carry a cholesterol reduction health claim.
For more information, visit http://www.marketresearch.com/land/product.asp?productid=7180007&progid=84886
MarketResearch.com is the leading provider of global market intelligence products and services. With research reports from more than 720 top consulting and advisory firms, MarketResearch.com offers instant online access to the world's most extensive database of expert insights on global industries, companies, products, and trends. Moreover, MarketResearch.com's Research Specialists have in-depth knowledge of the publishers and the various types of reports in their respective industries and are ready to provide research assistance. For more information, call Cindy Frei at 240.747.3014 or visit http://www.marketresearch.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London