|By PR Newswire||
|November 9, 2012 02:02 AM EST||
LONDON, November 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Kentz Corporation Limited (LSE:KENZ), the holding company of the Kentz engineering and construction group, through its operating unit Kentz Pty (Ltd), is pleased to announce the award of a US$45 million, Engineering, Procurement and Construction ("EPC") contract for the 75MWp Kalkbult Solar Photovoltaic ("PV") Project in the Northern Cape area of South Africa.
The EPC contract was awarded to Kentz by Scatec Solar, which is developing the Kalkbult Solar PV Project. The project, scheduled for completion in January 2014, is a key component of Phase 1 of the South African Department of Energy's 3,725MW Renewable Energy IPP Procurement Program.
Kentz will execute all in-country EPC activities associated with the facility. The engineering and procurement activities will be executed from the Company's engineering center in Vanderbijlpark, south of Johannesburg.
Christian Brown, Chief Executive of Kentz Group, commented: "We continue to develop our EPC capabilities in the African region and this prestigious project for Scatec Solar demonstrates our ability to secure a wide range of EPC contracts. Additionally, the award of such a key project for South African renewable energy will position us to contribute to the development of further renewable energy projects across the continent and beyond."
Kentz is a global engineering specialist solutions provider, which serves a blue chip client base primarily in the oil, gas, petrochemical, and mining and metals sectors. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: KENZ). In the year ending December 2011, the company generated revenues of $1.37 billion and profit before tax of $79.4 million.
Kentz three main Global Business Units are; specialist Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) services, Construction, and Technical Support Services (TSS). It has over 14,000 employees in 29 countries and operates in some of the most remote locations on earth.
For more information please refer to the Kentz website http://www.kentz.com or contact:
Kentz Corporation Limited
Investors: Ronan Tyrrell
Media: Paul Youens
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?