|By Marketwired .||
|November 8, 2012 10:59 PM EST||
CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/09/12 -- With the launch of our first gluten-free food drive, comes an opportunity for all of us at the Calgary Food Bank to go back to school ...
Gluten-free food drive pioneer, and owner of the Calgary Gluten Free Store, Vicki Brown, will be teaching key staff and volunteers at the Food Bank how to sort gluten-free!
We invite the media to join us and help promote this very important initiative. In one year, the number of Celiac Hampers that the Food Bank distributes has increased by 25%. Not only do we as staff and volunteers need to learn how to identify gluten-free foods, we need our donors to understand too, so we can continue to meet the demand.
Who: Vicki Brown - owner, Calgary Gluten Free Store and Food Bank staff & volunteers
What: Gluten free sorting on our mechanized sorting line - staff and volunteers will be positioned along the conveyor belt in the sorting area of our 40,000 sq foot warehouse, learning to identify what's safe for a gluten-free hamper
Where: Calgary Food Bank (enter through Administration) - 5000 11 Street SE
When: Monday November 12 - 11am to 12 noon
For more information about our Gluten-Free Food Drive, visit www.calgaryfoodbank.com/gluten-free.
This release is transmitted courtesy of Marketwire.
Calgary Food Bank
Communications & Marketing Coordinator
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher