|By PR Newswire||
|November 8, 2012 09:46 PM EST||
BOSTON, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- DraftKings, Inc. is pleased to announce that it will be partnering with the American Red Cross to provide relief to those impacted by the devastating superstorm, Hurricane Sandy. DraftKings will offer a special fantasy football contest specific to raising funds beginning today at 12 noon.
Contestants can enter the 2-day fantasy football extravaganza for $5 and test their fantasy football skills against players from all across the country. All proceeds from contestant entry fees will go to the American Red Cross to aid in disaster relief, and DraftKings will match 100% of all funds raised. Those looking to enter can visit www.draftkings.com starting at 12pm, November 8. Entries will be accepted until 1pm on Sunday, November 11. The contest includes all Sunday and Monday professional football games.
"The destruction caused by Hurricane Sandy was unprecedented," said DraftKings COO & co-founder, Matt Kalish. "We knew that we had to take quick action to get help to those whose lives were so terribly affected. We thank the Red Cross for partnering with us on this effort, and thanks to all of you who will play and help raise money for this incredibly worthy cause."
DraftKings is the online daily fantasy sports site that offers a variety of contests for fantasy football, basketball, baseball, and more. Featuring daily fantasy sports play and same-day settlement, DraftKings makes playing fantasy sports simpler and faster for both seasoned and casual players.
Launched in April 2012, Boston-based DraftKings is the online gaming destination where players engage in daily fantasy sports competition in professional and collegiate sports. DraftKings offers free and pay contests every day that pay cash prizes. All games are structured under salary cap format, and new contests are offered every day with instantaneous payouts. For more information, visit us at www.draftkings.com; like us at www.facebook.com/draftkings and follow us at www.twitter.com/draftkings.Media Contact:
Femi Wasserman DraftKings, Inc., 3392252614, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE DraftKings, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London