|By Marketwired .||
|November 8, 2012 07:00 PM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 11/08/12 -- skobbler (www.skobbler.com), a leading provider of mobile map-based solutions, today announced that GPS Navigation 2, the company's internationally acclaimed mobile navigation app based on the crowdsourced OpenStreetMap, is now available to users in Australia, for just $1.99 AUD, making it the most affordable mobile navigation app in the country. GPS Navigation 2 is a sensational global success, with more than 3 million users worldwide and #1 positions in 20 countries.
Powered entirely by data from the OpenStreetMap -- a free, editable and interactive map of the world built by an ever-growing number of already more than 850,000 voluntary contributors -- skobbler's GPS Navigation 2 is one of the premier navigation products currently available on iPhone (and 3G iPads), offering turn-by-turn navigation and live voice guidance without a monthly subscription fee.
GPS Navigation 2 includes an impressive set of features such as:
- Low Price, Unlimited Mapping Potential: Users can download the fully functional online GPS Navigation 2 for a one-time payment of just $1.99 AUD, with the option to upgrade and install the offline map upgrades as they choose, all for an unbeatable price -- no subscription required.
- "Hybrid" Functionality: GPS Navigation 2 is that first mobile navigation app to offer "hybrid" functionality, enabling users to choose which geographic areas can be available for offline use through installable map upgrades and which should be accessed online. This allows users to always strike the perfect balance between the independence of internet connectivity and saving on-device memory for other apps, photos, or music. Optional offline navigation also allows for fast and reliable results using only the device's GPS rather than a network connection, providing a flexible mapping service without the constraints of cellular carriers and excessive data fees. The offline Australian map is available for just $5.49 AUD.
- Navigate with Ease: Constantly updated location data, routing logic and audio output choices, such as Bluetooth, make GPS Navigation 2 one of the easiest mobile navigation apps to use today. Local search, map view, 'take me home' button, contact list navigation and stationary speed cam warnings in various countries are also included to make GPS Navigation 2 the ideal travel resource throughout the world.
- Perfect for iOS 6: GPS Navigation 2 is optimized for the iPhone 5 and supported by iOS 6.
- International Success: GPS Navigation 2 is one of the most successful navigation apps in App Stores from around the globe with more than 3 million users worldwide and #1 positions in 20 countries.
Both efficient and budget-friendly, whether you're trying to find directions to the nearest coffee shop or are headed on a family vacation, GPS Navigation 2 is the ideal travel and navigation tool for iPhone owners.
"With more than 3 million users worldwide, we're thrilled to bring the success of GPS Navigation 2 to Australia," says Marcus Thielking, Co-Founder of skobbler. "Apple's CEO recently encouraged iPhone customers to try different navigation services and we think that GPS Navigation 2, which has consistently been the most successful navigation app in the UK and Germany for many years and is available for only $1.99 AUD, is one of the best options out there."
Download the latest version of skobbler's GPS Navigation 2 by visiting the iTunes App Store at http://bit.ly/VVPg0C.
Founded in 2008, Berlin-based skobbler (www.skobbler.com) is one of the premier players in mobile location-aware services. With over 3 million customers on iOS alone, skobbler has regularly topped overall and category app charts in more than 20 countries, leading the way in the development of location technology and end consumer products based on the OpenStreetMap. This experience also facilitates skobbler's development projects for third parties. Based on the skobbler GeOS map access technology, companies can base their location-aware web or mobile services on the OpenStreetMap.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher