|By Business Wire||
|November 8, 2012 05:54 PM EST||
Steve McGough, Chief Operating Officer at HCSS, a construction estimating software company based in Sugar Land, was one of five honorees receiving national awards at the American Road and Transportation Builders’ Association (ARTBA) National Convention in September. McGough received the Paul F. Phelan Memorial Award, which is given annually in recognition of outstanding contributions to the ARTBA Materials and Services Division and the transportation construction industry.
Steve McGough, Chief Operating Officer at Sugar Land based Construction Estimating Software Company HCSS (Photo: Business Wire)
For the past year, Steve has served as ARTBA’s Materials and Services Division President. During his time in this position, he dedicated a significant amount of time helping energize the industry’s grassroots, membership recruitment, and supporting the development of programs such as the ARTBA’s first virtual conference, known as LoTrans 2012.
“I’m deeply honored to be selected for an award that has been given out for over 40 years to industry leaders,” said McGough. “As a company, HCSS has been active for many years in ARTBA, and we have found no other organization is more dedicated to protecting the interests of transportation construction.”
Steve was also nominated to ARTBA’s executive committee, where he will serve as the Western Region Vice Chairman for its 2012-2013 term. Fourteen officers were nominated and approved by the full ARTBA membership.
Additionally, Steve leads ARTBA’s Transportation Design Construction and Management Innovation Council and serves on the Board of Directors.
ARTBA represents the U.S. transportation design and construction industry in the Nation’s capital. HCSS has been actively involved with ARTBA since 2006.
Founded in 1986, HCSS is the market leader for innovative software solutions for the heavy civil construction industry. Over 40,000 construction professionals rely on HCSS software, including the bestsellers HeavyBid® and HeavyJob®, to improve their proficiency at estimating and bidding, job management, resource management, safety and equipment maintenance. HCSS also offers new mobile applications and cloud computing services so companies have a flexible choice of devices including laptops, tablets and smartphones.
In addition to high quality software, HCSS is best known for providing world-class customer service through professional implementation planning, training and instant 24/7 phone support. HCSS has won a “Best Places to Work in Texas” award for the past 5 years in a row, and was recently recognized by the Wall Street Journal as one of the Top Small Workplaces in the country.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50472288&lang=en
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London