|By PR Newswire||
|November 8, 2012 02:45 PM EST||
VANCOUVER, Nov. 8, 2012 /CNW/ - On Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012, the British Columbia Securities Commission's annual Capital Ideas conference will bring together a panel of experts to discuss innovation in the securities markets.
The event will be hosted by Brenda Leong, Chair of the BCSC. The BCSC's Executive Director, Paul Bourque, will moderate two expert panels: one on the impact of a best interest (fiduciary) standard on dealers working with retail clients, and the other on financing for small mining and technology companies, including the new crowdfunding phenomenon.
Best interests (fiduciary) panel:
Susan Eng, Vice-President for Advocacy, CARP
Sharon Morrisroe, Senior Vice-President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary,
Raymond James Ltd.
- Jeff Scanlon, Legal Counsel, Compliance and Registrant Regulation Branch, Ontario Securities Commission
Small business financing / crowdfunding panel:
Catherine McLeod-Seltzer, Chairman, Bear Creek Mining
Dan Miller, Partner, Dorsey & Whitney
- Bill Tam, President and CEO, BC Technology Industries Association
Coffee will be available starting at 8:00 am and the program will start at 8:45 am. Lunch will be available following the event for you to enjoy on site or to take with you.
|Who:||American and Canadian experts in securities regulation|
|What:||BCSC Capital Ideas 2012|
|When:||Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012, 8:45 a.m. to 12 p.m.|
|Where:||Four Seasons Hotel, 791 W. Georgia Street|
The BCSC's Capital Ideas 2012 conference brings together business leaders and securities industry professionals. Members of the media may attend the conference free of charge by contacting Richard Gilhooley, media relations, at 604-899-6713.
The B.C. Securities Commission is the independent provincial government agency responsible for regulating trading in securities within the province.
Learn how to avoid investment fraud at the BCSC's investor education website: www.investright.org .
SOURCE British Columbia Securities Commission
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher