|By PR Newswire||
|November 8, 2012 01:26 PM EST||
DANBURY, Conn., Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- With less than 12 hours notice, Matrix Corporate Center is now home to two financial service companies from Manhattan who lost services as a result of the devastating effects of Hurricane Sandy.
Sirius Insurance Group, a division of White Mountains Insurance Group Ltd, is relocating 20 underwriters to Danbury effective immediately, according to Aaron Smiles, Managing Director Head of Commercial Leasing for Matrix Corporate Center. The new employees will be in addition to the current employees already on site for Sirius.
In addition, an undisclosed financial services company (soon to be announced) is relocating 30 investment bankers and affiliated financial service support team members to Matrix Corporate Center as of opening of business day on Thursday, November 1, 2012.
"The financial firm is extremely satisfied with the quick turn around and attention to detail that The Matrix Team offered in an emergency situation," says Smiles. "The firm is now negotiating with Matrix to house over 200 employees within the next 24 months. They were virtually locked of their NYC offices due to power outage with no means to get into Manhattan."
"We are getting calls from a flurry of companies and a variety of industries who are calling to inquire about top quality office space," says Glen Nelson, Chairman and CEO of Matrix Corporate Center. "We offer fully furnished suites with top-notch services that are ready-to-go in an instant. Our amenities are one of a kind in the commercial marketplace," he continued. "Serious discussions with other firms are also in the works."
Nelson noted that Matrix Corporate Center has not lost any power or disruption of services in any of the last few years due to major storms, including Hurricane Sandy. "Many local and regional businesses have suffered in the last few years due to the effects of severe weather, but, fortunately, we are sheltered from the weather due to multiple back up power feeds," Nelson stated.
Nelson also opened the Matrix Fitness Center to all tenants and their families for showers, in addition to free use of the auditorium for any tenants children who may have been displaced due to school closings. "We provided free movies, special events and free food and beverages. At one point, we had approximately 40 kids visiting the Center," Nelson added.
SOURCE Matrix Corporate Center
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks