|By Marketwired .||
|November 8, 2012 01:22 PM EST||
ALEXANDRIA, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/08/12 -- In the wake of one of the most devastating natural disasters in American history, the National Parent Teacher Association (PTA®) today announced a special grant program to assist those schools impacted by Superstorm Sandy.
National PTA's grant program will award a minimum of $500 (and up to $5,000) to PTAs in good standing in areas affected by the superstorm. The grant money may be used to repair storm damage to school libraries and playgrounds, purchase new books and supplies, and much more. PTAs can apply for more than one grant if they have multiple needs. Grant applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until 8 pm EST on December 28, or until grant funds are exhausted.
"PTA members work tirelessly everyday so that our children have what they need to succeed. Now, it is time for all of us to assist those affected by doing everything we can to help their children transition back into the classrooms and recover from this difficult time," said Betsy Landers, National PTA President.
"We hope these grants aid in the relief effort and provide support to the children, families and schools that need it most. We all owe a debt of thanks to those helping on the ground and still dealing with the devastating impacts of this tragedy."
Affected PTAs needing help can visit PTA.org/SuperstormRelief for information on applying for grants. The same site also has information for those interested in lending their support to PTA's superstorm relief effort.
About National PTA
National PTA® comprises millions of families, students, teachers, administrators, and business and community leaders devoted to the educational success of children and the promotion of parent involvement in schools. PTA is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit association that prides itself on being a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for public education. Membership in PTA is open to anyone who wants to be involved and make a difference for the education, health, and welfare of children and youth.
To view this release in a media-rich format, go to: http://www.pwrnewmedia.com/2012/national_pta/superstorm_relief/
Cell: (571) 329-9352
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks