|By Marketwired .||
|November 8, 2012 12:33 PM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 11/08/12 -- Cyan announced today that it has been named "private company of the year" by Light Reading at its annual Leading Lights event in New York. The Leading Lights program recognizes innovative companies and products that portend the direction of technology advances. Cyan was honored with the Leading Lights award as a result of its rapid worldwide growth and its innovative combination of software-defined networking (SDN) and packet-optical transport technologies. This combination has proven to help service providers scale their networks and accelerate service delivery while reducing underlying costs.
According to Eric Clelland, Cyan CMO, "As a key commentator on the telecom and networking industries, Light Reading has a long history of identifying the companies and products that reshape the technology landscape. It is an honor to be recognized as the top non-public company in the industry and for our commitment to helping our operator customers advance service delivery."
Cyan is at the forefront of a strengthening industry trend toward more scalable, more flexible, and less complex networks through greater reliance on software. The recently introduced Cyan Blue Planet SDN system makes major strides toward this vision by opening up previously closed ecosystems and extending the benefits of SDN -- namely network virtualization, reduced capital and operating costs, accelerated service deployment -- to telecom networks based largely on legacy equipment.
Cyan is currently demonstrating Blue Planet at Light Reading's Ethernet Expo conference in New York, along with the company's industry leading Z-Series packet-optical transport platforms (P-OTPs). The highly scalable Z-Series platform delivers up to 2.8 Tbps of capacity for wavelength and packet services.
Cyan is global supplier of software-defined networks (SDNs) for service providers, data center operators, and private networks. Cyan solutions include Blue Planet SDN software, Z-Series multi-layer packet-optical transport platforms, and Cyan PRO comprehensive professional services. With hundreds of deployments around the globe, including some of the largest telecommunication companies in the world, Cyan allows its customers to customers scale their networks, reduce costs, simplify operations, and accelerate service delivery. For more information, please visit www.cyaninc.com or follow Cyan on Twitter at http://twitter.com/CyanNews.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks