|By PR Newswire||
|November 8, 2012 12:23 PM EST||
WAYNESBORO, Va., Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Fishburne military school has announced it will commemorate Veterans Day with an annual ceremony as a tribute to all military veterans, especially those who gave their lives in military service. The ceremony will be held on Friday, Nov. 9, 2012, at 2 p.m. on the school's Quadrangle.
"This is a wonderful opportunity for our cadets and our school to honor those who have served our country and to remember those who made the greatest sacrifice," said Col. Gary R. Morrison, VA, superintendent of Fishburne Military School.
Guests of honor at the Veterans Day ceremony will include members of the local chapters of the Veterans of Foreign Wars and Daughters of the American Revolution.
The guest speaker will be Col. Blake C. Ortner, G-3, of the Virginia Army National Guard. With nearly 30 years in the military, Col. Ortner has served in many capacities, including participation in Operation Joint Forge in Bosnia-Herzegovina, Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan and in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom in Bagdad, Iraq.
The ceremony will include a presentation by the Color Guard, music by the school's Band Company and a 21-shot rifle volley. Alumni of Fishburne Military School who fought and died in service to their country will be recognized with a planting of American flags. Prisoners of War and those Missing in Action will also be remembered.
Fishburne Military School is located at 225 South Wayne Avenue in Waynesboro, Virginia.
About Fishburne Military School: Fishburne Military School (http://www.fishburne.org/) is a private military prep school in Waynesboro, Virginia. Established in 1879, the boys boarding school has an enrollment of about 200 students in grades 7 through 12 and a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. Cadets participate in a variety of varsity sports and a nationally recognized Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (JROTC) program. The military academy also offers a post-graduate basketball program and military summer camps. Fishburne Military School is a charter member of the Virginia Association of Independent Schools and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
SOURCE Fishburne Military School
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks