|By PR Newswire||
|November 8, 2012 12:19 PM EST||
DAMASCUS, Syria, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- President of Syria Bashir al-Assad comments on the current situation in Syria and potential foreign invasion in an exclusive interview with RT.
Discussing the possibility of foreign intervention in Syria, Assad stated that "the price of this invasion if it happened is going to be more than the whole world can afford because if you have a problem in Syria, and we are the last stronghold of secularism and stability in the region and coexistence, let's say, it will have a domino effect that will affect the world from the Atlantic to the Pacific and you know the implication on the rest of the world. I do not think the West is going in that direction, but if they do so, nobody can tell what is next."
Asked where he would go should he have to leave Syria, Assad answered: "To Syria. I would go from Syria to Syria. This is the only place where we can live. I am not a puppet. I was not made by the West to go to the West or to any other country. I am Syrian, I was made in Syria, I have to live in Syria and die in Syria."
The complete interview will air on RT on Friday, November 9.
RT is a global international news network that broadcasts in English, Arabic and Spanish from its studios in Moscow and Washington, DC, and is available to 550 million viewers worldwide. In the United States, about 85 million people in key urban areas can watch RT in English and Spanish via cable or satellite. A 2011 Nielsen Media Research survey indicates that viewers in Washington and New York prefer watching RT to most other international news channels. RT is the only Russian TV channel to garner two nominations for the prestigious Emmy International Award.
For further information please contact
Anna Belkina at firstname.lastname@example.org
+7 495 649 89 89
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks