|By PR Newswire||
|November 8, 2012 10:19 AM EST||
SUNBURY, Pa., Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Weis Markets (NYSE: WMK), today announced the launch of its second annual Believe in Heroes™ promotion to benefit Wounded Warrior Project™ (WWP), an organization that raises awareness and enlists public support for the needs of injured service members. Weis has set a goal to raise more than its inaugural $100,000 donation, made in 2011. The program will run in all 162 Weis stores through December.
"Weis customers are always incredibly generous, especially when we ask them to help us assist the men and women who've honorably served our country," said Kurt Schertle, executive vice president of Weis Markets. "We're confident that together we can make an impact for the Wounded Warrior Project and help to raise much-needed funds to support these servicemen and women for having sacrificed so much for our country."
Weis customers may contribute to the Believe in Heroes program by purchasing select products from brand names including Ore-Ida®, Dannon, Gerber®, Sargento® and many more with the special Wounded Warrior Project label. Customers may also purchase Wounded Warrior Project bracelets or magnets selling for $1.00 each, and reusable tote bags for $2.99.
Believe in Heroes™ is a Wounded Warrior Project™ initiative that calls on Americans to recognize the enormous sacrifices made by the newest generation of veterans, and to honor the service of these individuals. The campaign aims to provide the American public with an opportunity to show their support and appreciation of veterans in their communities, and across the nation.
About Weis Markets
Celebrating its 100th year, Weis Markets, Inc. (NYSE: WMK), founded in 1912, is a Mid Atlantic food retailer operating 162 stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and West Virginia. For more information, please visit: WeisMarkets.com or Facebook.com/WeisMarkets.
About Wounded Warrior ProjectTM
The mission of Wounded Warrior Project™ (WWP) is to honor and empower wounded warriors. WWP's purpose is to raise awareness and to enlist the public's aid for the needs of injured service members, to help injured servicemen and women aid and assist each other, and to provide unique, direct programs and services to meet their needs. WWP is a national, nonpartisan organization headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. To get involved and learn more, visit woundedwarriorproject.org.
SOURCE Weis Markets
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks