|By Business Wire||
|November 8, 2012 09:30 AM EST||
Pivot3, a leading provider of VDI converged storage and compute appliances, today announced the availability of two new “View-in-a-box” bundles for Tech Data’s channel of more than 60,000 resellers in the United States. The “View-in-a-box” bundles consist of VMware View licenses packaged together with Pivot3 vSTAC VDI R2 appliances. Two bundles are available:
- Promo Code: “Pivot3_View_250”, consisting of 250 VMware View licenses and 3 Pivot3 vSTAC VDI R2 appliances at an end user price of $100,000 or $400 per desktop,
- Promo Code: “Pivot3_View_500”, consisting of 500 VMware View licenses and 5 Pivot3 vSTAC VDI R2 appliances at an end user price of $175,000 or $350 per desktop.
“These bundles will resonate well within our VMware partner community,” said Chuck Bartlett, vice president and general manager, Advanced Infrastructure Solutions (AIS) at Tech Data. “Our top VDI resellers seek solutions that make VMware View simple to acquire, deploy and scale. Partnering with Pivot3 provides a certified, VMware Rapid Desktop solution that is cost-effective, scalable and highly available for their clients’ View deployments.”
“Pivot3 and Tech Data now provide a bundled VMware View solution, which further simplifies and eliminates the complexities and costs generally associated with deploying a VDI environment,” said Curt Wittich, vice president and general manager of Sales for the Americas at Pivot3. “Together with Tech Data, we will proactively reach out to VMware Desktop Certified resellers with this compelling VDI proposition that is quick and simple to deploy, providing linear performance and cost to minimize customers’ capital investment needs.”
“With the release of the vSTAC VDI R2, there can be no doubt that Pivot3 has dispelled the myth that VDI cannot compete for cost with conventional desktop PCs,” commented Simon Bramfitt, founder and principle analyst at Entelechy Associates. “Pivot3 has delivered what was once considered impossible, a scalable high-performance VDI appliance that is equally at home in the data center or the branch office that can deliver a virtual desktop for less than the cost of a PC.”
In support of the Tech Data partner channel, Pivot3 offers a North American VDI Channel Ready program consisting of many unique elements designed to maximize lead opportunity and qualification for Tech Data resellers and solution providers, including online tools for VDI self-configuration and ROI analysis. Additionally, prospects can “test drive” a live, hosted 300 to 400 desktop scenario complete with workload simulation, login storms, scale-out of desktops and performance reporting. The Channel Ready program is also designed to eliminate channel conflict and enhance sell-through with all VMware and Microsoft license revenues flowing to the resellers. Deal registration is available immediately to partners.
The promotion is available immediately through December 15, 2012.
For a test-drive of the Pivot3 vSTAC VDI Mobile Secure Desktop solution, visit http://pivot3.com/test-drive/ where you can try the Pivot3 vSTAC VDI MSD solution that includes all of the latest VMware technology including View, vCOPs, vShield as well as Trend Micro’s Deep Security.
Find the latest news and information about Pivot3 vSTAC™ VDI and P Cubed online:
- Desktop virtualization whitepaper
- Product information
- VMware Reference Architecture
- Test Drive Pivot3
- Pivot3 VDI Configurator
- VMware View POC Solutions
- VMware Rapid Desktop Program Support
About Tech Data
Tech Data Corporation is one of the world’s largest wholesale distributors of technology products, services and solutions. Its advanced logistics capabilities and value added services enable 125,000 resellers in more than 100 countries to efficiently and cost effectively support the diverse technology needs of end users. Tech Data generated $26.5 billion in net sales for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2012, and is ranked 109th on the Fortune 500®. To learn more, visit www.techdata.com.
Pivot3 was founded in 2003 on the idea that today's stack of servers, storage and networks could be radically simplified and unified to drive down complexity and cost. The company has over 500 customers across the globe deploying the Pivot3 storage and compute STAC™. Pivot3 products are deployed in the data protection, digital surveillance and rich media markets and have seen particular success in the public sector, transportation, education and retail vertical segments. The company has won numerous awards and was most recently selected by the Wall Street Journal for the prestigious "2011 Next Big Thing" category. To learn more about Pivot3, visit www.pivot3.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London