|By Business Wire||
|November 8, 2012 09:23 AM EST||
As 2012 comes to a close, Cintas Corporation (NASDAQ: CTAS), the leader in secure document management, today announced it is now accepting submissions for the sixth annual Good Riddance Day Contest. Cintas is teaming with the co-organizers of New Year’s Eve in Times Square, the Times Square Alliance and Countdown Entertainment, to invite the public to say goodbye, once and for all, to the bad memories of 2012.
For this annual New Year’s tradition, Cintas will provide one of its mobile shredding trucks in Times Square for participants to watch their funny, outlandish and forgettable memories of 2012 get permanently discarded.
This year’s contest will name two winners, one individual and one business. To enter, individual contestants must submit a short description of what they would like to say “good riddance” to in 2013. Business contestants must submit an image and short description of how the Cintas team can help them say “good riddance” to a cluttered office and become more secure with their management of confidential information. One of the top 10 creative pictures, as voted on by the public, will be selected to receive a free document cleanout and a $1,000 office products gift card.
A panel of judges from the Cintas Document Management team and the Times Square Alliance will determine the winners. Whether you want to shred a picture of an old flame, mortgage documents, old tax records or a pile of medical bills, anything goes! Entries can be submitted at www.cintas.com/goodriddanceday.
Last year’s winner, Kathleen Selman of Tampa, Fla. won the contest for a chance to say “good riddance” to her husband’s long military deployments. Barrington Research Associates in Chicago was able to say “good riddance” to outdated and unnecessary files that cluttered their office.
“We are thrilled to be part of the Times Square New Year’s Eve Good Riddance Day for another year and are pleased to encourage business participation for the second year in a row,” said Dave Pollak, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Cintas. “Not only will individuals have the opportunity to get a fresh start to the New Year, but our contest also allows businesses to welcome 2013 with a clean and organized start.”
“Good Riddance Day was inspired by a Latin American tradition in which New Year’s revelers put artifacts or bad memories from the previous year into dolls and set them on fire,” said Tim Tompkins, President of the Times Square Alliance. “Here in Times Square, we might not be lighting items on fire, but we do encourage all New Yorkers to join us in the shedding, and shredding, of bad memories from this year, including any of the terrible effects of the storm this past weekend.”
“Good Riddance Day continues to be a huge success thanks to our partnership with Cintas,” added Jeffery Straus, President, Countdown Entertainment. “Participants can prepare to celebrate the New Year in Times Square with a clean slate knowing that their bad memories of the past year have been safely destroyed by a Cintas secure, mobile shredding truck.”
The individual grand prize includes:
- Two roundtrip airfare tickets
- Five-night hotel stay
- Designation as the official “First to Shred” at Good Riddance Day 2012
- Two VIP passes to an exclusive pre-viewing of the Waterford Crystal Times Square New Year's Eve Ball
- Two tickets to the official New Year’s Eve 2013 Party on Times Square
- A comprehensive prize package of local area cuisine and attractions to cover meals and activities throughout the week, including tickets to a Broadway show
The business grand prize includes (up to $5,000 value):
- Free Office SmartShred™ Day with an official Cintas truck on site to shred business documents for up to three hours
- Breakfast and lunch for the entire staff on the day of the shredding event
- $1,000 office supply gift card to help organize the office in 2013
The annual event will take place on December 28, 2012 in New York City’s Broadway Plaza between 43rd and 44th Streets from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. The event is open to the public to discard any unpleasant, embarrassing and downright depressing memories from 2012.
Submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, December 2, 2012.
To submit an entry or learn more about the contest, please visit www.cintas.com/goodriddanceday.
For more information on Cintas’ document management programs, please visit www.cintas.com/documentmanagement.
For more information on Times Square New Year's Eve, please visit www.timessquarenyc.org.
About Cintas Corporation
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Cintas Corporation provides highly specialized services to businesses of all types primarily throughout North America. Cintas designs, manufactures and implements corporate identity uniform programs, and provides entrance mats, restroom cleaning and supplies, tile and carpet cleaning, promotional products, first aid, safety, fire protection products and services and document management services for more than 900,000 businesses. Cintas is a publicly held company traded over the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol CTAS and is a component of the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index.
About Times Square New Year's Eve
The Times Square Alliance and Countdown Entertainment are the organizers of Times Square New Year's Eve. The Times Square Alliance works to improve and promote Times Square so that it retains the energy, edge and distinctiveness that have made it an icon of entertainment, culture and urban life. Countdown Entertainment, which represents the owners of One Times Square, and the New Year’s Eve Ball, is a marketing management and event production company specializing in the Times Square area.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks