|By Business Wire||
|November 8, 2012 09:21 AM EST||
Automattic, the company behind popular Web publishing platform WordPress.com, has added Tout, the real-time video update pioneer, to its VIP Featured Partner Program, joining Facebook, Flipboard and other major platform partners. In addition to WordPress.com, Tout powers real-time video updates for dozens of leading global brands in media, entertainment and sports including The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, CBS-TV, ESPN and the WWE.
Tout now allows WordPress.com’s VIP clients, which include top media organizations, sports leagues and Fortune 500 companies that generate one billion page views total each month, to seamlessly publish real-time video updates from their smartphones to their WordPress sites in less than 30 seconds.
WordPress.com’s global Web publishing platform continues to grow, with 16.7% of the Web’s top million sites running on WordPress, and over 57 million WordPress sites worldwide.
“We’re excited to be part of the WordPress.com VIP Featured Partner Program,” said Tout Founder/CEO Michael Downing. “We know that Automattic’s VIP clients are going to be blown away by the unprecedented levels of user engagement and new revenue opportunities created by real-time video updates on their WordPress sites.”
“We power some of the world's biggest brands and publishers on WordPress.com VIP. By connecting these companies to our featured partners, like Tout, we can guarantee that our clients have access to the best services and platforms,” said Paul Maiorana, Director of Platform Services for Automattic.
Tout is a real-time information network for up-to-the minute video updates across news, sports, politics, entertainment or whatever moves you. Publishers can enable their contributors to easily create Touts with their smartphones, wherever they are, and instantly post video updates to a live-feed on their website.
Automattic offers a network of web services for online publishers including WordPress.com, VIP hosting and support, VaultPress, Akismet, VideoPress, Polldaddy, IntenseDebate, Gravatar, and more. The Automattic network attracts over half a billion worldwide unique visitors every month. For more information, visit http://automattic.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks