|By Marketwire .||
|November 8, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/08/12 -- AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced today that Ahmed Yahia Al Idrissi has been appointed to the company's board of directors as a second representative of Mubadala Development Company. Yahia currently serves as executive director of Mubadala Industry, where he is responsible for Mubadala's growing industrial portfolio, including metals, mining, utilities, and advanced materials and products. Prior to joining Mubadala, Yahia was a partner at McKinsey & Company where he co-led the firm's Principal Investor practice. He was also the managing partner of McKinsey's Abu Dhabi practice.
"Ahmed's years of success at McKinsey, his responsibilities as part of the senior executive management team at Mubadala and his extensive experience with a number of different boards make him an excellent addition to AMD's board of directors," said Bruce Claflin, AMD's chairman of the board.
Yahia holds a number of board positions, including Emirates Aluminum, Guinea Alumina Corporation, National District Cooling Company (Tabreed), SMN Power Holding Company SAOG, SMN Barka Power Company, Al Rusail Power Company, and Jiangsu Suyadi Tancai Company. He holds Masters of Science degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Mechanical Engineering/Product Strategy and an engineer's degree from Ecole Centrale Paris. While at MIT, he received the J.William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board award for academic excellence.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2145771
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks