|By Business Wire||
|November 8, 2012 03:41 AM EST||
Oberthur Technologies, one of the world’s largest providers of security and identification solutions and services based on smart card technologies, today announced that the Finnish National Police Board have once again selected the consortium of Oberthur Technologies and Morpho to provide the secure ePassport as well as the related end-to-end issuance system.
Oberthur Technologies and Morpho have been providing secure e-Passports for Finland since 2006. The passport will feature a data page made from polycarbonate and incorporate a chip which will store the holder’s personal details and biometric data (fingerprints and facial images). The issuance system includes the production, personalisation and delivery to shipping destinations as defined by the Finnish National Police Board.
With enhanced physical and electronic security features, the Finnish electronic passport will provide higher protection against identity theft and fraud, and enable fast, secure identification of passport holders.
“Over the years, we have built a reliable relationship with Oberthur Technologies, an expert ePassport supplier. Oberthur Technologies was selected based on its solid experience and ability to deliver highly secure, innovative and cost-effective document production and issuance solutions,” said Heli Rajaniemi, Senior Officer at the Finnish National Police Board.
“As the key provider of secure ID solutions, we are delighted to continue supplying secure electronic passports to Finnish citizens. This renewal of confidence demonstrates our capacity to develop innovative ID document security and technological solutions that meet the stringent requirements of the ever-evolving ID market” commented Vincent Bernard, Sales Director – EMEA – Identity Business Line at Oberthur Technologies.
About Oberthur Technologies
Oberthur Technologies is a world leader in the field of secure technologies: systems development, solutions and services for smart cards (payment cards, SIM cards, access cards, NFC…) and for secure identity documents, traditional and electronic (identity card, passport, health care card). Created in 1984, Oberthur Technologies employs over 6 000 employees. With 50 sales offices across 5 continents, Oberthur Technologies’ international network serves clients in 140 countries.
For more information: www.oberthur.com
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks