|By Nicos Vekiarides||
|November 14, 2012 04:15 PM EST||
While there is no denying that cloud storage has delivered the promise of unlimited “pay-as-you-go” storage capacity, simplified disaster recovery, and savings in costs and maintenance, these attributes alone aren’t driving the growing business adoption. Instead, it is the rise of cloud-integrated storage appliances, which have augmented cloud storage to provide the levels of security, availability, connectivity and performance found in traditional storage systems, that has made cloud storage a viable choice for business.
With this week’s announcement of TwinStrata CloudArray 4.0, the flexibility, availability and performance of cloud-integrated storage has improved further, narrowing the functionality gap between cloud-integrated storage and traditional data storage systems, while leveraging all of the benefits of cloud. Some of the highlights include:
- Choice of server connectivity: With iSCSI and NAS connectivity options, the broadest range of applications now seamlessly interoperate with cloud storage, regardless of whether the requirement is file or block-based access
- High-performance: New appliances offering hybrid SSD configurations enable demanding applications to use cloud storage without the expected performance tradeoff of cloud storage
- “Future-proof” platform flexibility: New in-cloud platforms, in addition to virtual and physical platforms, protect investment in cloud-integrated storage that can continue to be leveraged even if your environment migrates from physical to virtual or entirely into the cloud
- Broadest choice of providers: Over 20 different cloud providers to choose from means there is never any worry of vendor lock and always the choice of best-of-breed cloud storage
- Higher availability: Fully redundant appliances with no single point of failure allow data to either be stored directly to cloud or local copies replicated to the cloud, minimizing risk of downtime and offering a built-in disaster strategy without offsite infrastructure
If you haven’t yet considered augmenting your IT environment with cloud-integrated storage, now is the time to examine all of the benefits cloud storage can offer. We’ll be hosting a webinar next Wednesday to talk about our new enterprise-class capabilities and how our customers are using cloud-integrated storage to streamline their storage environments. If you’d like to join us, feel free to register at https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/586633720
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks