|By PR Newswire||
|November 7, 2012 07:15 PM EST||
OTTAWA, Nov. 7, 2012 /CNW/ - The Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Veterans Affairs, joined more than 100 people, including Canadian Veterans and Canadian Armed Forces personnel, at a special screening of War Story at Shaw Communications in Ottawa.
"Hearing our Veterans share their stories is an opportunity that all Canadians should have," said Minister Blaney. "The War Story program helps us understand the true level of sacrifice and dedication of our men and women in uniform. It is important for Canadians to take these opportunities to remember our Veterans and to thank them for all they have done for us."
Through interviews with Canadian Veterans, War Story provides a look at what it was like for the men and women who fought on battlefields. The Canadian original series War Story is part of HISTORY's "Days of Remembrance" schedule.
"War Story is one of the most intimate series we have commissioned for HISTORY and a vital addition to our collection of Canadian documentaries," said Barbara Williams, Senior Vice-President, Content, Shaw Media. "It was an honour to screen it for Minister Blaney and for men and women who so generously recounted their personal stories of combat."
The screening is one of many events held this Veterans' Week to commemorate the sacrifice of Canada's Veterans.
This Veterans' Week, take time to remember by attending a Remembrance Day ceremony, visiting a local cenotaph or monument, sharing your thoughts of remembrance online, or wearing a poppy with pride. Learn more and find remembrance events and activities in your area at veterans.gc.ca.
SOURCE Veterans Affairs Canada
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher