|By PR Newswire||
|November 7, 2012 02:14 PM EST||
SAN DIEGO, Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Teradata (NYSE:TDC), the leading analytic data solutions company, today announced its growth in the financial services sector with new customers and industry recognition. Teradata has also been named an industry leader by major financial services trade publications, including a position in the FinTech Top 25 ranking for the second year.
"Market pressures require all financial service institutions to continue transforming legacy data and analytic environments into integrated data warehouse environments. With an integrated data warehouse, institutions are able to gain better insight into risk, fraud, operations, and the customers' multi-channel experience," said John Burke, vice president, global industry solutions, Teradata Corporation. "Teradata empowers its customers to compete and win by transforming all data into actionable insights that help them make the best decisions possible."
Nine of the top ten global commercial and savings banks now use Teradata technology and are benefiting from the innovative products, software, and consulting services. Major banking institutions, capital markets firms, and insurance companies are upgrading their Teradata systems to deliver real-time intelligence to front-line employees and managers enabling them to swiftly make decisions with confidence.
"Teradata brought in best-practice expertise and customized their project approach to the specific situation here at BAWAG PSK. As a result, they shortened our implementation cycle. They've helped us create a high performance customer relationship management analyst solution that is very flexible and scalable, and in the process we've developed a very fruitful collaboration with a high degree of mutual trust," said Christian Fribert, customer relationship management analyst, BAWAG PSK Bank, one of Austria's largest retail banking institutions.
Teradata Wins Top Banking Awards
For the second year, Teradata is included in the FinTech Top 25, sponsored by American Banker, Bank Technology News, and IDC Financial Insights. Teradata, which moved up in the ranking, is included along with other the leading enterprise technology firms serving the financial services industry.
Teradata was also named the winner in the data management technology category of The Banker's 2012 Innovation in Banking Technology Awards program. The Banker is one of the world's premier banking and finance resources and is read in more than 180 countries. The Banker invites applications from the world's leading financial technology companies. These applications are then scrutinized by an independent panel of judges, all of whom are chief information officers or senior heads of technology at major financial institutions.
Financial services executives understand the need to consume and gain insight from all types of data, which has become a competitive imperative. They are demanding more transparency into risk management practices, faster fraud prevention to stop criminals in their tracks, and big data analytics to enhance customer engagement. "Our latest product releases and expanded portfolio are helping financial services customers see clearer, farther, faster, and gain a better understanding of their business," said Burke.
Relevant links to customers with new or recently upgraded Teradata technology
- Japanese bank deploys a new data-driven marketing platform with advanced analytics http://bit.ly/YtrmNp
- Chinese bank enhances operational performance and effectiveness http://bit.ly/TxukPQ
- Belgian-based bank and insurer improves reporting and enhances intelligence http://bit.ly/SBiAfn
- Polish retail bank house to drive additional business growth http://bit.ly/VGx4Ih
- European institution to meet regulatory requirements and enhance customer service http://bit.ly/SiSivh
Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC) is the world's leading analytic data solutions company, focused on integrated data warehousing, big data analytics, and business applications. Teradata's innovative products and services deliver data integration and business insight to empower organizations to make the best decisions possible for competitive advantage. Visit teradata.com for details.
Get to know Teradata:
Teradata is a trademark or registered trademark of Teradata Corporation in the United States and other countries.
SOURCE Teradata Corporation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London