|By Marketwired .||
|November 7, 2012 11:19 AM EST||
BETHESDA, MD -- (Marketwire) -- 11/07/12 -- History was made for podiatric medicine during the 2012 election, as Brad Wenstrup, DPM, a practicing podiatrist and member of the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA), became the first podiatrist ever elected to the US House of Representatives.
Dr. Wenstrup, of Cincinnati, OH, won the OH-2 congressional race in a landslide victory by a 59-41 percent vote. Ohio's second congressional district encompasses a portion of southern Ohio including the suburbs of Cincinnati.
"APMA congratulates Dr. Wenstrup on his victory," said Joseph Caporusso, DPM, APMA president. "Our organization looks forward to working closely with him to ensure podiatric medicine remains at the forefront of the health-care debate."
Dr. Wenstrup, an Iraq war veteran and Army reservist, previously defeated incumbent Jean Schmidt in the district's primary in March 2012.
This victory marks yet another major milestone for the profession of podiatric medicine as APMA celebrates 100 years of advancement.
For more information on the association's legislative efforts, visit APMA's Resources for Policymakers page at www.apma.org/forpolicymakers. For additional information on Dr. Wenstrup and his campaign, visit http://usabrad.com.
The American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) is the nation's leading professional organization for today's podiatrists. Doctors of Podiatric Medicine (DPMs) are qualified by their education, training, and experience to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the foot, ankle, and structures of the leg. APMA has 53 state component locations across the United States and its territories, with a membership of more than 12,000 podiatrists. All practicing APMA members are licensed by the state in which they practice podiatric medicine. For more information, visit www.apma.org.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher