|By PR Newswire||
|November 7, 2012 10:25 AM EST||
NATICK, Mass., Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Nasuni®, a provider of enterprise storage to large, distributed organizations, today announced that Andres Rodriguez, the company's co-founder and CEO, will speak at the next meeting of the Chicago VMware User Group (VMUG) on Thursday, November 15, 2012. Rodriguez will co-present an informative session titled "Tomorrow's Storage…Today" with Matt Donehoo, the director of information systems at Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney, a Chicago-based law firm with seven offices across the country.
VMUG is an independent, customer-led organization created to maximize members' use of VMware's solutions through knowledge sharing, training, collaboration, and events. VMUG now has more than 75,000 individual members, an active online community and more than 180 local chapters around the world. Meetings of the Chicago VMUG provide those in the Greater Chicago area with an opportunity to share experiences, best practices and expertise.
In "Tomorrow's Storage…Today" Donehoo and Rodriguez will discuss the evolution of cloud storage as a component for enterprise storage and show how this new model enables previously unthinkable capabilities. Donehoo will detail how Segal now operates a centrally-managed and globally-distributed storage infrastructure that provides file access to the firm's offices across the country at local speeds.
The presentation will also include a question and answer period to discuss the many issues shaping how IT leaders manage their storage infrastructure, including new approaches to data integrity and consistency, encryption and key management, and mobile access.
Presentation "Tomorrow's Storage…Today"
Matt Donehoo, director of information systems at Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney and Andres Rodriguez, co-founder and CEO of Nasuni; former CEO and founder of Archivas; and former CTO of The New York Times
Dave and Buster's, 1155 North Swift Road in Addison, Ill.
The Chicago VMUG Meeting is from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. ("Tomorrow's Storage…Today" will begin at 10:15 a.m.)
Registration is open and included as a benefit for all VMUG members. To register visit http://www.vmug.com/e/in/eid=608#reg.
"The cloud is the new hard drive, one with the potential to dramatically compliment and strengthen existing infrastructure while providing safeguards and performance unthinkable just a few short years ago," said Rodriguez. "Progressive IT leaders like Matt Donehoo are setting the standard for how enterprises harness those capabilities, redefining the costs and benefits associated with storage for distributed organizations."
In addition to "Tomorrow's Storage…Today" the Nov. 15 Chicago VMUG meeting will also include the following sessions, along with a networking lunch and "Ask the Experts" panel.
- vSphere 5.1 Storage Deep Dive – Presented by Chris Wahl, leader of the Chicago VMUG and senior data center engineer at Ahead; and
- Removing the IO Bottleneck – Presented by Mike Chudzik, senior systems engineer at Pure Storage and Cory Smith, network administrator at the City of Davenport, Ind.
Nasuni is an enterprise storage company that provides globally-distributed organizations with a simple, unified storage solution that includes mobile access for all of their remote and branch offices. By combining on-premise hardware with cloud storage, Nasuni delivers a secure, all-in-one data storage solution that provides local performance for users, simplified and centralized management for IT, and an easily scalable, complete remote office storage solution for the enterprise.
Nasuni is privately held and based in Natick, Mass. For more information, visit www.nasuni.com.
Social Media Links
The Nasuni Blog: http://www.nasuni.com/blog
All company and product names are property of their respective owners.
For more information, contact:
Davies Murphy Group
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks