|By Marketwired .||
|November 7, 2012 10:24 AM EST||
ORADELL, NJ -- (Marketwire) -- 11/07/12 -- Huntington Learning Center recently joined the Education Industry Association (EIA) and the Education Industry Foundation (EIF) in support of their campaign to combine research, advocacy and communications to create an open market for charter school operators, providers of extended learning time, publishers, suppliers of alternative and special education services and school turnaround companies. The EIA/EIF Private Ventures for the Public Good Campaign intends to create conditions to allow education companies such as Huntington to help schools improve student achievement.
Some of the key goals of the Private Ventures for the Public Good Campaign are to produce credible research on the effectiveness of private sector-produced education products, services and solutions, and give education companies and entrepreneurs a voice and status equal to that offered by other key stakeholders in pre-kindergarten to 12th grade education policy discussions and debates.
"Over the past 35 years, Huntington Learning Center has helped hundreds of thousands of students across the nation and worked with hundreds of struggling school districts," said Dr. Raymond Huntington, founder and chairman of Huntington. "We are proud of the role we continue to play in reforming schools and improving the education of so many students, but we are eager to join this important campaign to raise awareness of the positive benefits of what we do among education policymakers and the public."
EIA is the leading professional association for private sector providers of education services, suppliers of educational content and management support to the industry. They estimate that education is a $1 trillion industry second in size to the health care industry -- and that education companies alone constitute $80 billion in annual revenues.
To learn more about the Private Ventures for the Public Good Campaign, visit www.educationindustry.org/private-ventures-public-good-campaign.
Founded in 1977, Huntington is a pioneer and leader in the tutoring industry. For over 35 years, Huntington has provided quality instruction to hundreds of thousands of students. Huntington prides itself on being "Your Tutoring Solution" for students in all grades and subjects. They tutor in academic skills, such as reading, phonics, math and study skills; and in advanced math and science subjects ranging from algebra through calculus and general science through physics. They also prepare students for state and standardized entrance exams, such as high school entrance exams and the SAT and ACT and provide free school tutoring to eligible schools.
Director of Marketing and Advertising
Huntington Learning Centers, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London