|By Business Wire||
|November 7, 2012 10:19 AM EST||
The 2013 International CES® will spotlight the hottest technologies and innovations across emerging technology, high-performance audio, lifestyle electronics and green initiatives at one of its key venues, The Venetian. Owned and produced by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®, the 2013 International CES is the world’s largest annual innovation event and is scheduled for January 8-11 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The 2013 International CES show floor stretches across 1.8 million net square feet of space and accommodates 150,000 attendees and 3,000 exhibitors. These global technology companies will unveil the latest consumer technology products and services across 15 product categories including the most advanced audio, automotive electronics, connected home technologies, digital imaging/photography and electronic gaming as well as entertainment and content services. Official 2013 CES venues are: the Las Vegas Convention Center and World Trade Center (LVCC), the Las Vegas Hotel (LVH) and The Venetian.
The Venetian, the second largest CES venue, spans nearly 400,000 square feet and will host more than 10 product categories and 9 TechZones. The Venetian’s CES show floor includes exhibit space, suites, meeting rooms, keynotes and CEA member services.
“Show offerings at the Venetian have greatly expanded for 2013, featuring more than 30 percent of this year’s CES TechZones,” said Karen Chupka, senior vice president of events and conferences, CEA. “Plus, Eureka Park, which practically stole the show last year as the home for budding entrepreneurs and startups, is returning to the Venetian 40 percent larger than in 2012.”
Several of the most popular CES TechZones are calling The Venetian home at the 2013 CES, including:
- Academia Tech – This area features higher education institutions that are leading the way in technology advances. Located within Eureka Park, this TechZone will showcase game changing developments stemming from leading educational institutions.
- CloudBase3 Apps – This exhibit is a new TechZone dedicated to the transition to cloud computing.
- Eureka Park – This CES destination highlights budding entrepreneurs and innovative technology startups.
- Sustainable Planet – This TechZone is the primary location at CES for world changing technologies that benefit the environment.
- MommyTech, Kids@Play and HigherEdTECH – These areas feature a wide array of products that cater to moms and their children from infants to college students.
Last year at CES, Eureka Park received high praise. “Eureka Park was amazing. We had constant traffic throughout the show and it was the perfect place to launch,” said Eureka Park exhibitor Daren Klum of Cram Worldwide. “This is the heart of technology. We were blown away with who we met.”
Also, the 2013 Innovations Design and Engineering Awards Showcase returns to The Venetian this year. Here, attendees can view all of the game changing honorees from this coveted awards program. Last year more than 20,000 attendees visited the showcase.
Many of the CES keynotes also are held at The Venetian. Qualcomm’s Dr. Paul Jacobs will deliver the pre-show keynote at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, January 7. Tuesday morning will feature Panasonic’s Kazuhiro Tsuga after the State of the Industry address by CEA’s Gary Shapiro. The compelling Venetian keynote lineup also includes Verizon’s Lowell McAdam, Tuesday afternoon at 4:30 p.m., and a Wednesday morning keynote from Samsung’s Dr. Stephen Woo. All Venetian keynotes take place on level 5 in the Palazzo Ballroom.
New this year, The Venetian features the International Gateway in Hall D and the Marco Polo Ballroom with more than 460 exhibitors showcasing the latest innovation from around the world. Plus, more than 200 high-performance audio exhibitors will demonstrate their products in The Venetian tower suites on levels 29-35.
Transportation is provided for all attendees at the 2013 CES. A free CES shuttle service to and from the Las Vegas Convention Center makes it easy for attendees to access other CES locations, especially The Venetian. More information on The Venetian can be found on our frequently asked questions page or on the official CES show floor page.
Visit CESweb.org for more information on the 2013 International CES.
Note to Editors: The official name of the global technology event is “International CES.” Subsequent references to the show can be shortened to “CES.” Please do not use “Consumer Electronics Show” to refer to the International CES.
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the preeminent trade association promoting growth in the $206 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry. More than 2,000 companies enjoy the benefits of CEA membership, including legislative advocacy, market research, technical training and education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA also owns and produces the International CES – The Global Stage for Innovation. All profits from CES are reinvested into CEA’s industry services. Find CEA online: www.CE.org and www.DeclareInnovation.com. Follow CES at www.CESweb.org and through social media: http://facebook.com/InternationalCES, http://twitter.com/IntlCES, http://blog.ce.org/.
CES New York Press Preview featuring CES Unveiled NEW YORK
November 12, 2012, New York, NY
CES Unveiled LONDON
November 15, 2012, London, UK
2013 International CES
January 8-11, 2013, Las Vegas, NV
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks