|By Business Wire||
|November 7, 2012 09:06 AM EST||
As the number of applications deployed on its platform crossed the 100,000 mark, AppFog, the leading cloud-based platform-as-a-service (PaaS) provider, today announced a Private Cloud Beta Program.
PaaS technology today is as important as virtualization was a decade ago. Developer adoption of PaaS as the de facto standard for how to build mobile, social and consumer web applications is undeniable. Today's announcement by AppFog heralds the first time a large-scale public PaaS has offered to license their technology on premises. This makes AppFog a clear choice for enterprises around the world that need a proven PaaS in private clouds.
“AppFog’s on-premise cloud brings our customers to the forefront of the next evolution in PaaS — one interface, one platform, one toolset to manage all clouds,” said Lucas Carlson, CEO of AppFog. “Enterprises have already invested in IaaS, like OpenStack, vCloud and CloudStack, but they have trouble getting internal private cloud adoption since developers want PaaS technology. AppFog gives developers the tools they need in the environments that IT wants.”
With accelerated cloud usage, increased enterprise adoption of PaaS, and the explosion in the use of AppFog for mobile solutions, AppFog’s polyglot platform is seeing rapid user growth of up to 40 percent month-over-month. The platform’s thriving ecosystem spans a wide range of technology companies. It includes well-established enterprise players such as VMware and Microsoft, dynamic up-and-comers including Rackspace and New Relic, and bleeding-edge startups like MongoLab and Iron.io.
The Private Cloud Beta Program is available to select AppFog customers who are deploying private cloud technologies such as OpenStack, CloudFoundry and Eucalyptus. To sign up for the program, please go to: http://get.appfog.com/PrivateBetaPrivateCloud
Follow AppFog on the web at:
AppFog is the leading polyglot and infrastructure agnostic Platform-as-a-Service provider. AppFog's products provide robust enterprise and production workload support. With a focus on workload interoperability and portability, and support for a wide range of infrastructure providers, AppFog is paving the way for a lock-in free future for the cloud. Founded in Portland, Ore., AppFog is a private company with $9.8M in funding from investors including Ignition, First Round Capital and Madrona. To learn about AppFog, visit http://www.appfog.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks