|By PR Newswire||
|November 7, 2012 07:15 AM EST||
LANSING, Mich., Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Michigan Chamber of Commerce issued the following statement after voters overwhelming rejected union and narrow-interest-backed ballot proposals.
"On Election Day, Michigan voters stood up against the negative campaign waged by union bosses and special interests by rejecting their attempts to hijack Michigan's constitution for their own benefit," said Rich Studley, President & CEO of the Michigan Chamber of Commerce. "Michigan union bosses squandered tens of millions of their members' dues dollars on misleading, divisive and unnecessary campaigns to line their own pockets and divide our state."
"Actions have consequences," Studley noted. "Union members across the state should be outraged over the reckless misuse of their dues dollars and demand a refund."
"Defeat of Proposal 2 is a huge victory for job providers and Michigan families who have been fighting to turn our economy around and put this state back to work," noted Jim Holcomb, Senior Vice President, Business Advocacy & General Counsel for the Michigan Chamber. "We can only hope that the union bosses finally got the voters' message that Michigan's constitution isn't for sale."
The Michigan Chamber of Commerce played a leadership role in the "Hands Off Our Constitution" campaign. Consistently ranked the most effective lobbying organization in Lansing, the Michigan Chamber represents approximately 6,800 employers, trade associations and local chambers of commerce across the state. Michigan Chamber member businesses provide jobs to 1.5 million residents and one of every 2.6 employees in Michigan works for a Chamber member firm.
SOURCE Michigan Chamber of Commerce
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher